Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered some Drag wheels for my new MT 26X10X15S slicks. This a decent width combo? Way back, I ran the 26X8.5's on a GT Turbine wheel on my fox at the track, and it seems like a good match.

Should I have went with a 10" wheel? I know a 10" wheel would allow a slighter better footprint, and maybe a little more stability on the deep end, but these wont look too balloney right?

I saw someone have a 12.5" ET Street on a 8" rim, and It was a HORRIBLE fit... I just don't want to have that look, and be unsafe.

·
Registered
324 Posts
No you will be fine, my last set was the same setup, then I went bigger with a 28x10 that is when I got the 15x10 wheel.

here is a pic of them when i had them

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Looks good. Were they stiff sidewall? How did they feel on the big end? Nothing crazy I assume? What did you find was the best pressure cold? 11.5-12.5?

No tubes I assume also right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I dont think they were stiff sidewall, they felt fine on the big end and I liked to run around 12 and no tubes. Just curious why you didnt go with a bigger tire with that much power?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think they were stiff sidewall, they felt fine on the big end and I liked to run around 12 and no tubes. Just curious why you didnt go with a bigger tire with that much power?
Because if there isn't need to, I don't want to run a 28" tall tire. It would require another gear change also, and they are a tad heavier. I use to go 1.58's on a mere 26X8.5 ET Drag years ago with my fox. My current suspension is setup good for weight transfer and footprint planting. The 10" wide tire should hook with no problems. I wish I had a lot of power. I drive the car 200 miles/week, and it feels stock to me. I need something that almost scares me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I borrowed my friend's 15x8 Prostars with 26x10 ET Drags and they worked great. My car makes less power than yours and has stiff handling suspension and I still cut 1.61-1.62 60fts. first time out still bogging the car a bit, so it should go 1.5's. The car was also very stable on the top end....actually much more than the 26x10.5 ET Streets I tried before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts