Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that owns a 93 5-Liter GT Convertible 5-speed. The mods are: timing adv, silencer delete, 4.10's, 2.5 o/r H-pipe, Flow 2 chamber cat-back. In addition to those mods, we also put a 10-minute tune up in it. Tires are plain jane hard radials. Are mid 13's possible?????:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
nope..

Low 14 if you are lucky. Convertible are heavy and it would take a lot more than that to hit mid 13..

Is he going to race on street tire or slick?

·
Registered
602 Posts
It could!!!

I had a 93 GT Vert and it ran a best of [email protected]
The only mods were:
K&N panal Filter
March RACE Crank pulley (best 50 bucks ever spent)
Adj Fuel pressure reg.
MSD 6AL
B&M Ripper Shifter
DynoMax Turbo Tubes (they were on it when i bought it)
And one hell of a driver behind the wheel. haha

Stock 3.08 gears, A few Centerforce clutches(because of the Weight of the car and the gearing it would burn up a clutch)
It weighed 3538lbs with me in it.

And on a little 100 shot it went [email protected] with a extra 120lbs in it.(passenger)

I wish I never sold it

Greg

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I agree...
If you're at low elevation and provided a good driver, it should see well into the 13's.
A MAM (or ported stock MAM) would really help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you run it before too see were you stood. I have seen some GT run very quick stock and I have seen very slow ones. So with those moods it better have been strong before. I had a 89 GT that was quick as hell. At cecil bone stock it ran 14.1 at 97 mph.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Re: It could!!!

302KILU said:
I had a 93 GT Vert and it ran a best of [email protected]
The only mods were:
K&N panal Filter
March RACE Crank pulley (best 50 bucks ever spent)
Adj Fuel pressure reg.
MSD 6AL
B&M Ripper Shifter
DynoMax Turbo Tubes (they were on it when i bought it)
And one hell of a driver behind the wheel. haha

Stock 3.08 gears, A few Centerforce clutches(because of the Weight of the car and the gearing it would burn up a clutch)
It weighed 3538lbs with me in it.

And on a little 100 shot it went [email protected] with a extra 120lbs in it.(passenger)

I wish I never sold it

Greg
I cant see how you trapped 102mph in that heavy weight vert with the mods you listed. The only thing I see that could have added a total of about 20hp was the pulley and the mufflers.

Most stock GT verts with a T-5 dont trap any faster than 95mph with good shifting. You went 110mph with a passenger and only a 100 shot?????

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had my 93 Convert. LX run a 13.95 @ 100mph w/ only a underdrive pulley, pulled the silencer and filter, and 2 1/4" flowmasters. Nothing else. It has a lot to do the driving.
And I saw 302kilu run those numbers as he saw mine and damn Greg can you find a way to post my 10.97 pass for all those none believers also!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
What do you have done to that cobra. Hell I believe you. It seems to me that alot of 03 are getting close to that time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've got my mods posted on the sohc dohc forum on this site. It was the 1st 10 sec 03 with no nitrous and stock drivetrain.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
89LX vert 5spd I had ran [email protected] w/2.73 gears and my big azz in it.(3420lbs race weight)
Had flows,pulleys,short belt,and a K+N,all else stock.
I dont see why you couldnt run well into the 13's with those mods on a healthy stang.

Billy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts