Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best place to pull 12V in crank only. Neutral safety switch witing? I'm needing to supply 12v in crank only to signal the start retard function for MSD ignition.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Going off '93 wiring colors, White/Pink from ignition switch will have 12V in crank or you can get it after it goes thru the transmission range switch (AOD) or the clutch pedal switch (5 spd)
on the Red/Light Blue wire. If you're cars a different year & wire colors don't match up let me know & I can check them for your year.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is a 92, was originally a 4cy auto, I had the a T5 mocked up in it about a year ago, and had the neutral safety switch wiring connected so it would at least turn over, I just can't remember if those wired were only 12V durring cranking.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Here's the starting system diagram for '93. I'm pretty sure '92 & '93 were the same harness so wire colors should match up. If you're unsure about the wiring from the trans swap you can get the 12v while cranking at the white/pink wire from the ignition switch. Of course just check with a multimeter or test light before buttoning it up so you don't have to do it twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found my notes in the garage, I remember how it needs to be done now. Thanks.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
CLUTCH SAFETY SWITCH

Make sure the auto portion is removed or you will burn pin 46

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, forgot to mention this a blowthrough carb setup, no computer, but good information to know for future reference. I only need a 12V in crank to signal my ignition box for start retard function.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I'd just get the 12V from the start relay...but I'm lazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts