Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
122.37 stock 4 cyl MANUAL brakes all around. Stops good enough for me... for now newaz. lol

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
makes me feel a little less nervous knowing theres a few-you guys downshifting or just standing on them? has to get pretty close to the last turnoff id imagine

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
trapped @ 126....not the smartest thing i have ever done....but raceway park in nj has a long shut down area...

car now has v-8 brakes, booster, master cylinder, etc..

·
Registered
277 Posts
mine stops fine as well with stock stuff at 130

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I warped my brand new all-around stock replacement brakes (for a v8 mind you) after hot-lapping it at the track 5-6 times. This at near stock power levels trapping almost 99mph in the 1/4!

I've long since upgraded to a 99pbr setup all-around...and the difference was outstanding! There is virtually no noticeable fade now...even hot-lapping with 125+mph trap speeds.

Seriously, if you can upgrade...do it! Why wait for something to go wrong?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I could stop easily with the stock v8 brakes but I had to let atleast a half hour cool down inbetween runs or the car felt like it wouldn't stop. That's with 126-128 trap speeds.

I've since switched to aerospace pro street brakes, stainless lines, cobra master cylinder, and a manual brake conversion.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Because it's not the smartest thing to do, I'll leave the owners name anonymous. He has gone 8.86 @160+ on stock V-8 brakes. This is even with drum rears. This is in an 85' which I think is still the same size as a later model 4 cyl. factory setup. New rotors, bearings and pads but that's about it. He said it stopped "allright".

·
Registered
469 Posts
B

I have gone 8.30's with the stock rear 5 lug drums. Finally had to replace them though. Not enough holding power up on boost!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I run 126 in the 1/4 on motor with stock 4 cyl brakes on my 85 gt. I have difficulty stopping in the 1/8 with only doing 108 now. Gonna have real trouble when I go out next time even faster.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Im going back to power brakes , I put a manual setup on and I do not like it. Let me know if you interested.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Who needs to stop......Went 116 and the brakes went to the floor right after the stripe....Stopped fine with the E brake and down shifts......Second turn off of course .......

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nutzz-i did the same thing with the asp conversion-wouldn't stop,drove the car once,put power brakes back on,still not great but it stops now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts