Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12-150 coilovers where should adjuster be at? Right now the way the pic is it will sit too low in front about inch under wheel well car weighs 3000lb Lakewood 90/10

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
With a 150 rate 12" may work but will be on the short side. 150 and 175 rate front springs are generally used at 14" on a fox.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I take it up little higher on adjuster like an inch

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man I'll take it up another inch or 1.5

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys got this setup on this weekend for drag use when I push down on the nose of the car it's pretty stiff is it normal fox Lakewood 90/10 the spring is up about half way up on the adjuster so spring is preloaded but plenty of room In between before any coil bind I'm thinking coilovers are different than normal springs where car bounces up n down when you push nose down by hand

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok the same as it doesn't Bounce when you push it down? I haven't drove it yet but I'm thinking when you throttle it is when it lifts?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't wait to hit the strip

·
Registered
422 Posts
that is the game with the Lakewood 90/10s.they will extend easily but only go in/push down at 10% of the rate of extension. So naturally they will be harder to push down. That is why I took mine off for some different struts that move more freely.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thank you so much

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Personally I like the 12''x 150 that Dr recommended for the same reasons with a Strange strut. And don't need the chains. But a gas filled Lakewood can handle 12'' inch or 14'' with ease. Lakewood's have a longer stroke.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Raised it the 1.5 inches up the adjuster and did the 50/50 lake woods in rear boy when you tap the throttle it pops running 275/60 Hoosiers I'll have to see what it 60s

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When do the limiters come in handy?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts