Ford Mustang Forums banner

1150whp possible?

750 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TomR 
#1 ·
I asked this question in another section earlier in a different way so let me restate this. Do you think I can make 1150 whp with this combination.
Dart shp 427 ci
Diamond pistons, 9.5:1 compression
Scat crank, h-beam rods
Trick flow tea 225 high port heads with shaft mount rockers
Comp solid lifter cam 696 lift int. and exhaust duration @50 252 lobe sep. 114
Vic Sr intake, 90mm tb, 160lb inj.
Precision 88 mm turbo (model 8884)
Th400 trans
I think on motor at the crank should make about 540hp?
If you need more info let me know what.
Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
My 8.2 deck 8.5 compression 363 with cleaned up 205 CNC TFS heads and a off the shelf hydraulic roller made low 500's on an engine dyno at Kaase. That was using a manifold and carb that was just laying around.

I have heads that flow about 350 cfm intake now, and a little bigger cam. It can do about 1200 RWHP with an 8280 turbo. The ET somewhat matches.

You should do more than that.

I have a friend running high 4's in a 3300 pound deal with a similar combo to yours.

What crank?

#5 ·
I would have to take time to dig out the paperwork on that. Jim at Ford strokers put the short block together for me. All I can say @ this point is that it is a forged scat crank.

#6 ·
I was just talking to my friend with a very similar engine a few minutes ago. His has touched up TFS 240's, Super Vic EFI, and some sort of racing mid frame T6. 4" stroke 4340 crank with H rods and 4.155 bore. That makes it a 434 inch. Big solid roller cam. He said his car consistently runs 140+ MPH in the 1/8th. His heads and cam might be a little better, but that sounds like pretty good power to me. Turbos can be pretty easy on parts.

Reactions: Blk.Snake
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.