Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this stuff really work?

I am asking because we finally got back to the track for the second time last weekend and the car was a bit quicker so I want to know what made the difference. Last time out it was in the low 80's and the best run was a 14.08 @ 99( more details HERE ). This time it went 13.80 @ 100 and the temps were in the low 90's and humid(it was hot!). The only thing different done to the car was I added a bottle of 104+ to the tank. Not complaining,faster is always good just wondering what did it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does this stuff really work?

I am asking because we finally got back to the track for the second time last weekend and the car was a bit quicker so I want to know what made the difference. Last time out it was in the low 80's and the best run was a 14.08 @ 99( more details HERE ). This time it went 13.80 @ 100 and the temps were in the low 90's and humid(it was hot!). The only thing different done to the car was I added a bottle of 104+ to the tank. Not complaining,faster is always good just wondering what did it.
Maybe posting ur intervals for the two runs would help understanding.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
What he said. The mph didn't change much, pointing to other factors. Water grains seem to have a bigger effect on my car rather than just outright temps. FWIW, 104 doesn't do much. For some actual octane boost, Lucas, NOS, Torco and a few others will work. But they all contain MMT, which will turn your plugs orange pretty quick. If you don't need the octane, don't run it. Octane is resistance to burning.

·
Registered
410 Posts
without adding timing for increase in octane , it shouldn"t make any difference at all. i agree with alex weather related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts