Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have an aeromotive a1000 in my car. its been making funny sounds lately and today when driving fuel pressure dropped to 20psi and then about a minute later 5psi. needless to say i think its done. what are my options for a replacement? id like to stay away from dual pumps because i dont trust them and id have to buy a bunch of AN fittings. looking for something that has a -10 on the inlet and outgoing ports. i dont have anything against the a1000, just hoping there is a cheaper option.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
+1 on Magnafuel 4303. $500 for a single pump that doesn't need a controller and will easily do 1000rwhp with a turbo on gas.

My supercharged car makes 800rwhp on e85 with a 4303. 1000 should be cake for a turbo car.

·
Registered
383 Posts
What about the 4301? The ProTuner 625 pump. That's the pump I have and im looking at making 800whp with a turbo and 900whp with boost and spray.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
MAGNAFUEL!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I went with Fuelab for my setup. Their electronic fuel pressure regulator is really trick. Communicates directly with the pump to determine flow rate. The pump and regulator can be found for under $700 together.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
You can do that?
Around $180 and they update it to the newest specs. Both the a1000 and eliminator went through a number of revisions that allowed them to support more flow and power.

I have an older red eliminator I had proactively rebuilt. It had a couple hundred passes before and a couple hundred after.

At 1000 hp you may want something a bit bigger then an a1000.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after some testing i have determined the pump works but cant take the heat of vegas. i was driving home from my engine builder (who was supposed to fix a leak but the oil stain under my car says they failed again), when the fuel pressure dropped to 5psi. pulled off the freeway and the pump was boiling hot. through some cold water i had in the car on it and waited 30 seconds, turned the pump on and had full pressure. drove almost home when pressure dropped to 5 again as i pulled into my neighborhood. with the car still running i pulled out the garden hose and sprayed the pump, the needle instantly jumped to 40psi. i did have less then half a tank so maybe the fuel is getting too hot and not cooling the pump enough, idk. back when i was in so cal, i only took the car to the track. filled the tank to the top and drove the whole way with no issues. ob course i never drove the car unless it was 80* or colder. its over 100* in vegas. could also be the rails heat soaking from under the hood. currently cant keep my car under 205*. with the fan on, it will hold 180* for 5 min and then start climbing till i kill the motor. i have header wrap on order and will order some turbo blankets but when the motor first went it, i ran with no hood and it still over heated so i think my street driving will be winter only here in vegas. if a full tank doesnt keep the pump cool, might try one of those pump controllers

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds like the fuel is getting so hot its vapor locking the pump, try a in-line fuel chiller. My MAGNAFUEL pump says in bold letters to run a chiller bc the pump may get the fuel so hot it will vaproize it and vapor lock the pump. Gonna try to run it without one, this may or may not be your problem. The CRY02 fuel chiller is the best I hear......

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Sounds like the fuel is getting so hot its vapor locking the pump, try a in-line fuel chiller. My MAGNAFUEL pump says in bold letters to run a chiller bc the pump may get the fuel so hot it will vaproize it and vapor lock the pump. Gonna try to run it without one, this may or may not be your problem. The CRY02 fuel chiller is the best I hear......
Which model MF pump are you referring to?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How hot does fuel have to get to vapor lock the pump? I only ask because if its over 100* out, wondering how much the cooler would do.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have had my car out quite a bit in 95 degree weather with a Glenn's fuel cooler and aero motive eliminator pump. I normally keep a decent amount of fuel in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts