Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since my car will be powered by a BBC I guess I will post it up in here.

I had a 700rwhp 4.6 until the oil pump gave out and ate the engine. So I decided to tear it all apart and sell it all off and build me what I always wanted, a 10.5 outlaw car. The chassis is a 25.2 spec chassis with a Fab9 rearend and 4 link. I wont give out info on the engine other then it will be a BBC and make over 3000hp.

My buddies are building the chassis for me. We expect the car to be done by next spring.

I will skip all the boring pics of cutting the car apart and building of the cage and start off with how it sits now.

Not my block just a loaner to make the motor and mid plate mounts

Not my tranny just and empty case used to make the tranny mount

Once both driveshaft safety loops and battery bracket are welded in the floor will go in and seat mounted. Only thing left in the engine bay is a few more bars and then it can be all welded up and painted. This should all be done by mid june then the suspension can go in and put it back on the ground.

I will update this if people are interested.

·
Registered
305 Posts
3K HP Big block chevy.....Thats way more than a NHRA Pro stock engine. Whats the story on the engine. Nice car by the way.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim Lynch's old mustang 10.5 outlaw car was making around 3500hp. There are a few outlaw radial cars making 3000hp. If you dont have atleast 3000hp you're not gonna win anymore.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Is that a cage in your pants or are you just happy to see me.

Wow, nice work. Should be nice and safe in there.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah should be safe. There are alot more safety features that have to go in like fire supression system and stuff like that but those are dead last on the build list. This chassis make the car legal to run 7.49 to 6.0 in the 1/4. We are building it to run very low 6.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drive shaft safety loops in, seat in and steering shaft in. Now the floor can be built.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Drive shaft safety loops in, seat in and steering shaft in. Now the floor can be built.

Check your front drive shaft safty loop. It needs to circle <(360 degree) around the drive shaft and be within 6" from the u-joint at the yoke... I can't really tell in your pics, but it doesn't look to be within 6" and it doesn't circle the driveshaft. The back "hoop" looks OK...

JMHO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
any more progress??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts