Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a '99 cobra with a live axle out of a '96 cobra. So the axle is about 1.5" shorter than a '99 GT live axle. I want the rims to stick out a little more than they do now, plus I want to put on a wider tire as well. (I was thinking about going with the 315/35/17 Nitto Drag Radials). I am not sure if the 10.5" rim is going to fit on my car. I e mailed performance wheel out let and they told me that the backspacing on this rim is 6.8". I have no clue what backspacing means or how it applies. So if anyone could offer me some insight as to if these rims will fit my car or not, that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I just installed the 17x10.5's on my car today. I am running the 315-35-17 and they are about as perfect a fit as you can get. I had to flip the quad shocks and slightly adjust the brake lines and they are as wide a tire/wheel that you could fit without rubbing the outer lip of your fender.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that they wouldn't fit on your car without spacers. I have the PWO 10.5" wheels on my car and it does indeed rub (the tire on the quad shock) under hard cornering. I also had to beat on the e-brake cable guide to get more than 3/8" of clearance. I think if you put them on they'd be touching the inner fender well since it's 1.5" shorter. But hopefully others on here can back me up or prove me wrong;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
dont know if it matters since i have a gt, but i have 17/10.5 with 315/35/17 on back and didnt have to adjust anything.not the quad shock or the brake lines. they fit oerfect and they dont rub at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What are some good places to buy 95' Cobra rims, 10.5" wide?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts