Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out to Navasota tonight (about 20 miles south of College Station). I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

1st run:
60ft: 1.744
1/8th: 7.904
mph: 88.105

2nd run (my tach came unplugged so I had to shift by ear):
60ft: 1.805
1/8th: 8.050
mph: 87.31

3rd run:
60ft: 1.71
1/8th: 7.888
mph: 87.819

4th run:
60ft: 1.747
1/8th: 7.969
mph: 87.282

5th run:
60ft: 1.751
1/8th: 7.974
mph: 87.345

My slicks are worn out bad, they were spinning on every run. I need some more practice, but I was pretty happy for it being my first time out w/ the new engine.

The combo is:
Stock 302 shortblock (new rings and bearings, valve reliefs cut)
Milled AFR 185s (54cc)
Edelbrock RPM intake
custom Ed C cam
BBK short headers
O/R x pipe

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not bad. I think there is some more left in it. Maybe the tune is not quite right. I would like to see around 89 mph with that combo. I used to go to Navasota a good amount. Nothing like a good redneck raceway ;) .

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HoustonLX said:
Not bad. I think there is some more left in it. Maybe the tune is not quite right. I would like to see around 89 mph with that combo. I used to go to Navasota a good amount. Nothing like a good redneck raceway ;) .

Haha, yeah it is. Closest drag strip to me right now though, so that's where I gotta go. I just wish they were open more often.

I tuned it on a dyno about a week and a half ago, and got the A/F ratio right at 13:1 all through the rpm range. The next day I thought I may have heard some detonation, so I took a degree of timing out (down to 16*). Adding one only made a couple of hp on the dyno, so I'm not too worried about it. I'll put another degree back in this fall when the weather gets cooler. I just didn't want to take a chance on detonation during the summer.

I think it will go a little fast as is if I can get my 60 ft times down. I don't know if I'll be able to do it on these slicks or not, but I think it should. I've also got some 4.10s and longtube at my parents house I can put in when I get it maxed out as she sits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts