Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i hate asking these, but i need to know, i got called out today by my cousin who has a s10 with a decent 350 that i built, i drove it several times and it just does not impress me at all..just not enough gear, to big intake and tall tires..etc..anyway my car is set up for 1/8 mile , 302 ci..it has heads that flow [email protected] has a rpm air-gap..670 avenger ..msd stuff..no ac..air..heater box..cam is a E cam and 4.88 gears with et streets 26 inch tall..c4 tranny with a 3200 converter..his truck ran 12.60s in 1/4 mile.before he blew it up and i built his 350..same motor just added a solid cam..its a turd...but we are running 1/8 mile ..im thinking he is going to get his a.s.s handed to him

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
7.0-7.2 for your car, your intake is hurting you. You should be running a Victor Jr...

As for his, I cannot give you any accurate prediction. Its hard to tell unless you got better details other than a 350 with a solid roller. Be warned though, them 350's can throw out some serious power.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7.0-7.2 for your car, your intake is hurting you. You should be running a Victor Jr...

As for his, I cannot give you any accurate prediction. Its hard to tell unless you got better details other than a 350 with a solid roller. Be warned though, them 350's can throw out some serious power.
its a solid flat tappet cam...big partoit heads..230cc runner 2.08 valve..almost 12-1 compression..big team g intake and a 750 demon..his cam is 2700-7400 rpm..he has 28 inch tires with 3.73 gears ..turbo 400..it shift automatic at 6500 no matter what..its a turd..need way more gear and shift higher but he will not shift it more then 6500..hell it has a forged crank and h beam rods.. i drove it for a week before i turned it over to him, tuning it here and there..first gear is hell..then it takes forever to get the rpm back up..

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Doesnt sound like no turd, should be putting out 500ish at the crank...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you ran your car? You never said what your car runs, unless I missed it. If it comes to it tree the hell out of him and if you don't think its gonna be enough, you are the tuner, its amazing what a loose spark plug or a bump in timing will do. lol

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you ran your car? You never said what your car runs, unless I missed it. If it comes to it tree the hell out of him and if you don't think its gonna be enough, you are the tuner, its amazing what a loose spark plug or a bump in timing will do. lol
never had it out..just got it done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts