Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok let me what kind what kind of setup we should run. this is on a 98Gt with a PI motor in it. Right now when I say stock I mean stock, springs and everything. Not even lowered or anything. No subframes. Last night the car hit a 1.68 60ft. I know we need to get the subframes on there pretty fast before we twist the body.

car mods
98 GT
Pi motor, stock
it just got the cold air, TB and elbow here recently.
4.30 gears, BFG drag radials.
3000-3500 stall, built 4r70w
oh and a nice dry 125 shot :king:

best time it has ran [email protected] 1.68, this was last night with the temps about 90 degrees. and it started the feather the front tires last night, track was hooking.

on motor it is only running 9.0's.

bring on the cooler weather.

So let me hear it on some good suspension ideas. The car will be getting cams and ported heads by next year.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok now the car just ran a new best.

[email protected] with a 1.60 60ft, and thats with no changes. Just nicer air and the car cooled down. And with it pulling the front wheels some. its time for some suspension mods.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's what I thought with my car. All the racers said to go this route so I did and the car launches worse than with the total stock setup. Had installed:
full length subframe connectors (does make the car much firmer), Mega Bite Jr. lowers, UPR double adjustable uppers and solid bushings. Also, at the same time went in with a chrome moly UPR K-member.

Cannot get the wheel hop out of it. Ugh!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought with my car. All the racers said to go this route so I did and the car launches worse than with the total stock setup. Had installed:
full length subframe connectors (does make the car much firmer), Mega Bite Jr. lowers, UPR double adjustable uppers and solid bushings. Also, at the same time went in with a chrome moly UPR K-member.

Cannot get the wheel hop out of it. Ugh!
damn well then. Well subframes will be going on the car, that is for sure.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would just add subframes. Whatever your doing is working. Those '60's are damn good for a drag radial and stock suspension. You can't really improve THAT much by adding new junk.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
95Blitz - whole motor out of a 03 mustang

update from tonight

New best not really big but its still getting down there.

7.52 @86 mph with 1.52 60ft. Nice cooler weather with nice prep. No changes have been made to the car. Car will hit the dyno tomorrow just for ####s and giggles for the dyno day.

on motor tonight it ran 8.8.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey does that car have a trans brake? If so what kind and how does your dad like it?
nope just leaves off the foot brake.

think he is taking it to the track tomorrow night. But he will have slicks on it this time and it will be bump up from 125 to 150 shot.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
Well, the automatic is helping, especially with the drag radial, but that's pretty incredible. 1.3 seconds in the eighth is a helluva 125 shot.

Front suspension is all stock also? Still have the front sway bar? You figured out a way to put a progressive controller on a dry kit? LOL

290rwhp is also incredible for a stock PI motor. That is on the spray, correct? Does it have longtubes and all that?

Throwing parts at it usually doesn't have good results, but I'd guess there's room for improvement if you did the right stuff.

Get some good video of the car launching, so you've got some idea what its doing, or where it could see improvement.

Maybe try it with a slick first and see if getting more traction is actually going to help - LOL!

Johnny Reb: What are you running for rear shocks? Rear springs? Tire pressure? Pinion Angle?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, the automatic is helping, especially with the drag radial, but that's pretty incredible. 1.3 seconds in the eighth is a helluva 125 shot.

Front suspension is all stock also? Still have the front sway bar? You figured out a way to put a progressive controller on a dry kit? LOL

290rwhp is also incredible for a stock PI motor. That is on the spray, correct? Does it have longtubes and all that?

Throwing parts at it usually doesn't have good results, but I'd guess there's room for improvement if you did the right stuff.

Get some good video of the car launching, so you've got some idea what its doing, or where it could see improvement.

Maybe try it with a slick first and see if getting more traction is actually going to help - LOL!

Johnny Reb: What are you running for rear shocks? Rear springs? Tire pressure? Pinion Angle?
its a 1.52 60.

front sway bar is still there

no progressive controller, just slap the kit on and called it a day.

yes 290hp on the spray

no longtubes, just some shorty. Will be getting longtubes here soon.

And and maybe getting a tune after the longtubes. No tune right now.

Budgetstang- its my dad's car. I could take it out when ever I want though. the car stays at my house. lol.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was referring to the car picking up 1.3 seconds in the 1/8th mile nitrous vs. N/A.
oh lol. Well sunday, slapping on the slicks and putting the 150 shot in there. lol.

Already burn through these BFG dr's. This car when it goes to the track on a test and tune night, they usually make about 10 or so nitrous pass, and hot lapping it. And here lately it is at the track once or twice a week.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
LXguy;9276725 Johnny Reb: What are you running for rear shocks? Rear springs? Tire pressure? Pinion Angle?[/QUOTE said:
Rear shocks: Strange five way adjustable. Stock rear springs. Have experimented with different air pressures. Pinion angle negative 2.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts