Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 8:8 298 forged motor on my 06 GT. I put down 582rwhp on 14lbs and some methanol. thats why it shows rich on the dyno sheet... Does this look about normal for a good power curve or should I go with a different exhaust AR housing? Im running a .96 as of now but I was thinking of going down quite a bit to get it to spool faster. Its a DD but it goes to the track too. I havent run it out at the track as of yet. I plan on going to 20lbs on C16 once I put some better valves in. Maybe just use nitrous to spool quicker?

·
Registered
8 Posts
A smaller exhaust housing will help it spool faster. Is this car and automatic or a stick? If its an auto I'd stay around the .96 but with a stick you will lose boost between shifts causing it to respool when you get on the throttle again. Auto will keep boost up the whole pass so its just the launch that you need to get spooled up.

is your turbo ball bearing? this also will help with that spoolup.

power curve looks good

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual and its not a BB.

What do you use to build boost at the line? Just the brake?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rev limiter on the diablo and sct cuts fuel not spark so it goes really lean.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
i think the damn think is just way too rich

even on meth it should still be around 11-11.5

·
Registered
8 Posts
The footbrake will only get you so far. I use the MSD 2 step with a 6al and have a 3300 pill in it. I get 6lbs of boost at launch on the Trans Break.

got a 1.5 60' with the front left wheel hanging 6" in the air.

stock motor iron GT40p's and a 70mm with a carb. Pump Gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts