Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after 3 years of the car sitting on jack stands, its time to finish my build. A little history, the car was purchased by me in 2004 bone stock. Its been through the stock engine with 100shot of nitrous first. Never had it dynoed. Then took all that off and installed a vortech s trim kit with paxton intercooler at 11psi making 400whp/400wtq. That ran good but I needed more. So I bought a Hellion turbo kit with the 62-1 single turbo. First run on the dyno it overboosted due to a wastegate line not hooked up and blew the stock motor. I rebuilt it with a forged bottom end and with everything else stock it made an honest 531whp/630wtq. That ran really good for awhile, then somehow it ran lean and burned a piston/melted a spark plug boss on the passengers side head. My financial situation took a downturn at the time and didnt have the means to get it back together. I have been slowly accumulating parts over the last three years however. Things turned around for me recently, and im going to be able to finally get the car back together. Heres a list of parts I have gathered here and there....

Engine:
95 Teksid 4.6 block (DSS/SCAT H beam rods w/ARP2000 bolts, cobra crank)
01 Romeo PI heads. (Patriot Performance stage 2 CNC porting, fully rebuilt by MHS, stage 3 turbo valve springs w/oversize titanium retainers, Manley stainless valves, bronze valve guides)
MMR Stage 3 turbo cams w/Cloyes adjustable cam gears
Logan Motorsports intake tapped for direct port nitrous/Accufab single blade throttle body
Canton road race oil pan and windage tray
TSS billet 4v oil pump
Earls oil cooler and relocated FL-1A oil filter
Moroso breather tank

Power Adder:
Garrett GT4508R (80mm compressor,87mm turbine 1.01a/r)
CG Fabrication race hot side w/ 4" downpipe
Procharger 3 core intercooler
Procharger Race bypass valve

Cooling:
Mishimoto 3 core radiator
Flex a Lite slim cooling fan
Moroso aluminum expansion tank

Fuel:
Aeromotive Eliminator pump -12in/-10out
Aeromotive A1000 regulator w/boost reference
Aeromotive fuel rails

Electronics:
Taylor Battery relocation kit
Autometer C2 gauges (wideband o2, fuel pressure, oil pressure, vac/boost

Here in the next few weeks I plan to pick up:
Twin Tial wastegates
New Manley pistons w/ upgraded pins
Clevite Tri-metal bearings
SCT BA5000 slot style MAF

Ill be finishing all the little odds and ends along with everything else. Im assembling the engine myself. The cams arent ideal at this point, but I may end up doing a direct port nitrous setup on it soon after its back running. I just want to get the car running at this point and after 3 years I need to get back used to driving it. Later ill do a TH400 swap, and install a Big Stuff 3 setup with LS1 coils. Stay tuned....

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Congrats bud , finally it's coming along . Yeah its takes lots of money,time, blood and sweat but at the end you will be happy . One thing is your got mad balls to have engine inside the house :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hope the Logan works out well for you, they suck down low but shine 5,500+ rpms

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from what ive seen and heard the logan still maintains or even improves low rpm power. the deciding factor will be the cams for this setup i believe. Ill probably end up swapping the cams later and see what difference it makes

·
Registered
503 Posts
Very nice man....

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tore into everything and took the block to the machine shop today

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Having the block cleaned, honed, decked, and checked completely.I have a pair of upgraded timing chain tensioner pivot bolts. So the holes for them are being drilled and tapped to accept the larger size bolts. Ill order the pistons next and the bearings.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Stepped it up a notch today.....Brand new Garrett GT4508R dual ball bearing / water cooled 1.01 A/R....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
going to get that outlet cut off and weld on a proper v band.....ok so maybe not brand new but hasnt been run yet lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts