Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my dealer and they informed me that I couldn't order the chrome wheels on my 03 Cobra. Ford had called them and told them the option was not available.

Has anyone else that ordered the chrome wheels been told this?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I read something about this last week. If I remember right, the chrome wheels will be on "production phase #2", which is later in the year. Don't remember what the true reason was, but hey it's Ford and it's a Cobra, what do you expect.
The dealer should not have said you can't get them at all, but just let you know that you can not get them during the early production.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer was not real sure of why. I usually know more than they do anyway. But glad to hear they were not just feeding me a line of BS.

Thanks.

BTW. Has anyone heard if they are gonna build more 03 Cobras than the ones they build in 2002. Like a 3rd or 4th build?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer told me that Ford was going to offer them at cost as soon as they become available, to those that have ordered the 03. I dont know why but the figure 680 dollars was the figure that sticks in my head, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My dealer told us if you ordered 1 with chrome rims for 1st run and don't call to change your order, it will get pushed from 1st run to 2nd run automatically and you will get the car in September/October.

We didn't order chrome rims so we should get ours beginning of June :)

By the way, I was looking at 5.0&SF, Performance Wheel Outlet is selling 2003 Cobra wheels in Chrome(17x9), not that I would want fake ones. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am glad my delaer called me to see if I would change to the standard wheels. They said they had to call Ford back by three oclock that day.

2003 red convertible on order (now without chrome wheels)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts