Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question, has anyone actually run one of these across the scale yet? Do you really think they are 3665 lbs without driver?

2nd question, Is this iron block straight out of the GT? I thought is was the 4 bolt+2bolt design like the aluminum cobra blocks, just built with iron now. Does anyone know the facts about this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Anyone? So is the new block just an ol GT 2+2 bolt block? Someone on another board said it was the truck block from the Windsor plant. I have been salivating at the mouth thinking it was just an iron version of the old cobra block.

·
Registered
188 Posts
None have been released yet for sale. The only ones running around are press cars and prototype test cars. Not sure of the exact release date, but it supposed to be later this summer.

Later

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
3665 is pretty acurate for the verts.

Block is exactly the same as GT!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO!! Please don't tell me the block is the same 2-bolt GT block. Damnnnn, this sucks. I was all pumped up about a short block that could take 1000 ponies, and now, what do we get, just a 2 bolt GT block? You gotta be kidding me.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Serious as a heart-attack! It's the Romeo 2V block.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I guess you are right, I have had 2 other people tell me the same thing. Hmm, are the GT blocks tougher than we all suspected?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts