Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard the 03/04 cobras had slightly better bushings than the GT's, but in all other ways (dimenisons) its the same.

Can anyone confirm this? While I have the suspension apart I may just swap these out as well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
True. The bushings are supposed to be slightly stiffer but I wouldn't go out and buy a set of cobra a arms just for that. If you are looking for an improvement I would simply get some poly bushings or delerin.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
There are some minor geometric changes as well, that supposedly improve the turning radius slightly, and possibly increase clearance for the 17x9 wheels the Cobras used (instead of the 17x8 GT wheels).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The ball joint thing the spindle connects to on the bottom of my control arms is pretty worn out as well. Found a set that are less $$ then the bushings alone, so I think I'll grab them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
There are some minor geometric changes as well, that supposedly improve the turning radius slightly, and possibly increase clearance for the 17x9 wheels the Cobras used (instead of the 17x8 GT wheels).
I think you are mistaken on this one. Last time I talked to MM about them they said post 98 have slightly revised geometry that allows a better turning radius.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The Terminator/mach1 CAs are a different part # from ther 99-04 GT.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know that but like I said the last time I talked to the guys at MM they said the arms are the same geometry for all models with the cobra arms having siffer bushings. I wouldn't suprise me to find out the mach1 used the same arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts