Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently running:
MMr900 Stock Heads/cams
BBK Tunes Shorty Headers
On3 Rear Facing 70mm Turbo Kit
47Lb Ford motorsport Injectors
75mm Pro Products TB and Plenum
Cobra Tank with Dual Cobra Pumps

I was tuned at 8.8lb 407RWHP and now I am running 14LB with NO lean issues all the way to 6000RPM (power unknown as I have not been back to the dyno). Now that I have a forged motor I am looking to get 600-650RWHP. I was thinking:
80Lb Injectors
Dual FPDM
FPDM Wiring upgrade all the way to the pump
8 Gauge to the FPDM from the battery

Greg @ Speedy Dyno thinks he can get 600-650 with the stock cobra pumps and NO BAP if I do the FPDM and wire upgrades W 80LB injectors.

Anyone else make this work? I don't want to spend the money (after the new motor and Turbo I am broke) on a Fore hat (I am sorry 420 for a block of aluminum is outrageous) and would like to use my stock Cobra hat. Anyone have pictures and instructions on how they got extra wires thru the hat without any leaks??

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just an idea but its always better to build a little more than you need. I don't know if he can or if he can't but compared to the rest of the car fuel pumps are fairly cheap

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
+1 and remember with a returnless setup if the alternator drops voltage during a run then your motor is gone. if you plan to make 650 then make sure you have fuel for at least 750-800. my advice is to go ahead and start the switch to a return style setup. dont wait until its too late and you spent all your money fiddling around with the returnless stuff and still end up getting a bad lean spike

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got a second fpdm and two gt supercharger pumps coming. I ran 8 gauge to the trunk last night. Think that will be enough?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts