Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I spend so much more time on this site I decided to move my build thread over here to share. I've made some changes to my set-up and will be posting more updates and photos soon.

I decided on an MMR 900 Shortblock. ARP Headstuds with MMR/Felpro MLS Gaskets. Cant see it from the pics but also had the pistons notched.

Sent my Patriot Stage II Heads to Modular Headshop. Along with some Bullet Stg II Turbo Cams to be degreed.

Splytsecond decided to go a different route with his car...I lucked out and picked up 04Ryan's old Turbo setup.

After 10 months of researching, saving, and waiting engine and turbo are in the bay!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

After a lot of debating I decided to go with a return style system. Glenns and Lethal Performance were my top two choices. I couldnt have made a bad decision but, I went with Lethal...mainly because I wanted the pumps in the tank keeping things a little quieter (I'm getting old :eek:). Pumps are Walbro GSS342's

·
Registered
839 Posts
Very nice build good luck with her. I love my new turbo setup it's a whole new world.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy #### I thought I was the only BLACK guy who's play's with these type of toy's.... Nice looking build keep it up.
Thanks LOL! Fast doesnt have a color.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Heres some photos of the underside. Hotspot in powercoat is from being run with an open downpipe. My plan is to swap out intercooler with a single sided one (Treadstone or Hellion) and get rid of this crossover pipe and add an electric or V band cutout just aft of K-member.

Can't go wrong with MM stuff. Everything fit perfect.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice build good luck with her. I love my new turbo setup it's a whole new world.
Thanks...my car is up running NICE. Just trying to share some lessons learned and stuff. Learned a lot from the forums, trying to pay back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cool. lookin good.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Finally ready to drive. Brent at Dynotune Performance in Virginia Beach took care of me with an initial tune to break in.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Here's the dyno graph. Only saw 16lbs for a flicker or two. Pretty sure the light wastegate spring (8lbs) and factory Saleen/Borla Mufflers were the culprit. Electronic boost controller, Heavier WG spring and mufflers should help. Overall really happy. 144WHP over my last setup and I'm just getting started.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Went with an Eboost2. Pretty easy to use. Gate pressure option seems to help it spool better.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
nice build dude and nice numbers Id be happy with that! 570 at only 12lbs. whats the CR
Thanks...I'm guessing on the video I was making around 515-525 @ 12lbs. 9.5:1 CR

1 - 20 of 50 Posts