2. headlights fogged up
3. both window make noise
4. transmission made a ticking noise in first gear only
5. kick panel fell off
6. bumper cover is loose
7. acts like it wants to stall but it dosn't
8. trim pieces don't line up

1. They replaced seatbelt after two visits
2. replaced headlights with clear ones (don't like them at all)
3. windows still make noise, and they scratched the door panel
4. replaced the intermedate clutch and it fixed it
5. fixed kick panel
6. bumper is still loose
7. still wants to stall
8. trim still dosn't line up
I think my car was built on a friday or something. Has anyone else had this many problems with your mustangs? What happened to quality is job one???

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a problem with my rear window squeaking. I knew it was the seal because it stopped when it was wet or damp outside. They said it was this or that and I had it in 3 times for it. They finally called a Ford tech out and he said he wouldnt look at it until I took the tint off even thought it did it pretty much since new. Then all of the sudden it stopped squeaking. I also have a stripped screw on my rocker panel. My center console rattles on and off. The moulding on my window by the passenger side mirror keeps coming loose. And if I crack my window a little and open the door the corner of the window will hit the door moulding. Other than that all is well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had squeaky window problem, also. It took them two visits to fix it and they just had to replace the seals. My CD player has crapped out twice but the new seems to be working well. Other than that , I really have no complaints.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Damn, you guys are scaring me. How long have you had your 01 and when did all of the problems start..? I've had mine for a year and a half and my only complaint is the crappy driver's seat. Should I expect these problems in the future...???

Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ive had these problems pretty much since the beginning but nothing new has popped up. Ive had my car about 1.5 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some 2002 problums here also

1. Sqeacky Passenger window, First fixed attemt failed returning it again.

2. Same seat belt problum, they are aware of it and are going to locate better ones from an earlyer year that will work and call me.

3. second time Idle air controll sencor has been replaced.

4. Replaced the the Lights also. I Don't care for the clear ones eather but it is better than the fogging up of the old ones.

But I still love my stang

01 gt lazer red
33000, miles and still strong

·
Registered
317 Posts
My problems:

1.) Seatbelts installed incorrectly-twisted belts (dealer fixed them)

2.) Missing paint on air vent holes on rear bumper (I'm just living with it)

3.) Excessive driveline lash/noise/clunkiness w/3650 trans (Taken it in 2X; dealer checked rear diff gear lash and it was within spec; second time they could not duplicate problem and called it "normal") Probably tranny gear lash. 2002 I test drove did not seem to have this clunkiness in the trans.

4.) Driver side door window stopped working for about 12 hours; started car next morning and the problem was gone. Hasn't recurred since.

5.) HVAC fan switch background light stopped working for about 12 hours; started car next morning and problem was gone ??????? Hasn't recurred since.

6.) Still waiting on part from dealer to install a new weatherstip for passenger side door (not installed properly from factory; crooked and crinkled)

7.) HVAC temperature control knob won't stay on full hot setting; dealer replaced switch to no avail as new switch does the same thing. I'm just living with it since it doesn't seem to effect the temperature setting since they installed the new switch.

8.) Replaced Parking brake assembly due to the parking brake handle being loose and it also liked to gravitate up towards a locked position.

9.) Excessive pinging on 87 and 89 octane. I just use 92-93 octane because I've been down this road with Ford before with my wife's contour V6 excessive pinging.

10.) Excessive noise from fuel injectors under load (a loud hissing/ticking coming from engine bay.) Took it to dealer; dealer siad noise was normal for these injectors. I test drove a new 2002 that exhibited the same noise; my brother's 2000 GT has no such noise. Go figure. Doesn't seem to effect performance, so I'm living with it by installing Flowmasters!

11.) Poor rear trunk to body alignment. I've seen this on many, many mustangs except my brother's 2000. Funny thing is his vehicle was part of a QC program where a Ford factory employee puts about 200 miles on the car to see if there are any problems. One minor defect was found and fixed prior to delivery.

12.) Notchy 1-2 shift. Thought maybe I had the synhro problem until I drove a 2002 that had the same notchy 1-2 shift that mine does. Dealer said it was normal. so I'll now accept it although I think it is a pretty crappy shifting trans for the most part.

I recognize that I'm a little on the picky side, and I'll also recognize that for the most part none of these problems are of a serious nature. However, I think the initial as-delivered from the factory quality on my car is nothing but piss-poor. After owning 3 Fords and a Chevy, I can honestly say that the next vehicle my family buys will be a Honda, Nissan, or Audi.

But for some magical mustang reason, I still really like the car! ;)
Can't argue that despite the problems I've had, it's a blast to drive and it looks great!

·
Registered
88 Posts
And we wonder why we buy these damn cars. I have had both rear struts replaced, cd player replaced, new foglights, tranny replaced, 3 clutches, and 8 wheel studs. The problems I haven't had fixed yet are the squeaky windows, seatbelts, and the car dies sometimes when I turn on the AC. But for some reason, I love my car as well. Guess we just love punishment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
drivers side window

BMAN5150 As two the drivers side window problum (it not working for 12 hours) I had the same problum twice one month apart...... the second time I had the motor and switch replaced under the warrenty. It seemed like the heat of leaving the windows up on hot days contributed to it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for the tip. If it happens again I'll press the dealer to replace the switch and motor under warranty too. Oh, and I also forgot to mention that my headlamps were replaced due to the fogging thing! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
rear trnny seal

Has anyone had a bad rear seal on the t45 5 spd.I only have 5k on the clock and needs to be replaced . Going in monday dealer didn't believe me and said that was a big job needs alot of time it might be something else . I said look I have a four post lift I can look right at the seal and see it is leaking. She said she would get back to me then called back and said that isn't that big of a job I said ya probably a hole 20 minutes to do. Here is the kicker they won't order the seal till they look at it then will order it. What a pain in the a$$ if I could get the seal from an auto store which I can't I would do myself.I can't stand dealers they don't want to give up your car until you have taken out a bank loan for repairs. :mad:

·
Registered
398 Posts
re: bad t-45 seal...

I've replaced the output shaft seal a couple of times already; it still leaks within a couple of miles of having changed it.

I think I've either got the trans slightly overfilled, or there's excessive play between the output shaft and its housing.

The job consists of elevating the car, removing the driveshaft, prying the old seal out, and putting in a new one. Takes about fifteen minutes :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
2k1 w/ lots of problems

I bought my 2k1 GT in Feb. Since then I have had a nightmare of a time between the car having problems and the idiots who have worked on it. Warning - this is a long post...........

1- Bought the car and found that something was hitting the firewall when the compressor was running, the shift knob was stripped, and the key for the locking hub was missing.

2- I bring it back to the dealer 24 hours after purchase to have these items fixed. They found that the compressor was loose and was hitting the firewall when it engaged. They then also tell me that they accidently scractched the car when pulling it into the garage. (3k in damage, driver side door had to be painted, rear corner panel replaced along with side scoop) yeah.. they wrapped the side of my car around the front of a tempo.

3- Two weeks later, when I arrive at the dealer to pick the car up, I foudn that someone has keyed the rear corner panel that was just replaced. Back to the body shop it goes.

4- A week later I pick the car up. Shotty job with the clearcoat but Koons refuses to fix it again. Im just happy to have it, guess Ill get it fixed later. After a trip to Atlanta, I notice that its smells like it is burning oil. Koons, where I bought it, claims they cant find any problem, and that I must be imagining it. I take it to Ted Britt where they explain that the cylinder heads need to be replaced due to a manufacture defect. I also have them replace the rear window becuase the defroster does not work.

5 - I had the car back two weeks and my left front tire blows out - Piece of Sh** goodyears.

6 - This morning, I decide to detail the engine and what do I find? When Ted Britt replaced the cylinder heads, the forgot to put the bolts back in the valve covers, so the covers are just dangeling...

7 - I have yet to inform Ford of how the body seems to be falling apart. The front clip and rear bumper seem to droop(3/4 inch gab between bumper and tailights), the side molding is falling off, and is all misaligned. The passenger side door leaks around the top of the window and the molding on the driverside is now falling off.

I love this car to death even through all the problems. I am considering purchasing a 2003 cobra and selling my 2k1. Guess Im just a sucker for a pony.. Thanks for listening all. I needed to vent...

Lata..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Squeaky windows.......I've yet to get them fixed, but after 25 k miles, my 01 is other than that, problem free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts