wheel fitment on an '89 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-08-2004, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
wheel fitment on an '89

For our Fox tire fitment experts: I'm looking at a set of wheels for my '89. They're 18x9; "Offset 20" (presumably millimeters) is cast into the back. They were built by Kosei for Roush. The question is, will they fit my car with an SN95 conversion to stock track specs, assuming a set of 245/45 tires and Cobra brakes? Would swapping to '96+ spindles (increased track) help? I'm willing to lift the car back up as needed (currently lowered approx 2" front, 1.5" rear). Base your opinions on stock ride height if that makes it easier to make conclusions.

I realize these theoretical fitment questions can be iffy, especially considering the car has been dropped, but I'm not looking for any guarantee of accuracy, just educated advice. Any assistance is welcome, and thanks in advance.

1989 Mustang GT
306ci. Powerdyne BD11a. Pro-M 75mm MAF/65mm throttle body. GT40 intake. 2.02/1.60 valves. FRPP roller rockers. Ultradyne cam. 36# injectors. Underdrive pulleys. Mac shorties, Bassani X, Flow 40 Deltas. Speedbrain ECU. Tremec 3550. Aluminum flywheel. Zoom Stage III clutch. 3.55 diff. 18x9 Roush wheels, 245/40 Yokohamas. Baer brakes front & rear. About 430 HP at the crank w/6 lb pulley and mild timing.

Last edited by f4fntm; 07-08-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement