Ford Mustang Forums banner

Foxbody Wheel Picture Thread

4M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  Nitrous SSC 
#1 ·
Post any and all pics of Fox body Mustangs with any kind of wheels. Please state any applicable info, such as; wheel make, model, size, all tire sizes (front/rear), backspacing, where to buy them, etc, etc.

Thanks everyone,
C. Focker

#4 ·
I do not think the wheels on either of my cars are made any longer, but here you go.

My LX with 17x8.5 fronts(255/45s) and 17x9.5 rears(275/40s), chromed ROH ZR6 wheels(center caps off in the picture). I had to trim my front fenders when I went to the Griggs front suspension and had to roll the rear fenders some to clear those tires, a 265 tire would have required no rolling.

http://www.happyhacker.com/images/Pics/Cars/fullPics/mustang_Dside.jpg

My Saleen with 17x8 fronts(235/45s) and 17x9 rears(245/45s), Stern wheels. My rear fenders have been rolled a ton and I still get some tire rub on hard bumps, car has a Cobra IRS in it so I think that might be wider than the 8.8 that was originally in there with Mark VII brakes. I probably am going to change these wheels out with something, just not sure what since I am unsure what will fit all around on it.

http://www.happyhacker.com/images/Pics/Cars/fullPics/Saleen_Dside.jpg

This post has been deleted
#3,717 ·
#6 · (Edited)
93FIVEOH said:
One more thing, those rims have the same bolt pattern with that Ford brake kit, but just SN-95 spacing?
From what I researched and found online, the Moda wheel line is made by Radius in Italy, as it is cast on the wheel inside and came with both sets of center caps. Here is the Radius site, there is a .pdf you can download with all the models, offsets, and sizes:

http://www.radius-autotech.com/

Or look at tirerack.com for the Moda series.

The bolt pattern is 5 on 114.3 mm (= to 5 on 4.5" if you convert mm to "s), same as M2300k brake and the SN95. Spacing happened to work well on the Fox, but of course the SN95 has tons more room for wheels. I find the perfect set up for Fox w/ m2300 k is 8 wide w/ about 5.75 b/s and 9 wide w/ about 6.75 b/s. (perfect for me means looks wide and filled up but does not rub on turns or bumps - sure you can go wider but it gets to be a hassle in my opinion)

#9 ·
LXNOGT, hope that combo works for you... I have 17x8 bullits on a 93gt with Kumho 255/50-17s and they rub the inside and the quad shock. I made a poor tire size choice for the back, should have went with 245/50-17 like the front! But I wanted to fill the wheel well better, now it's too much...live and learn!

Here is a link to mine and a buddies fox bodies with the new bullets on, mine is the red one.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lickmstickmman/vwp?.dir=/hobbies&.dnm=KevCarl.jpg&.view=t

#10 · (Edited)
lickm - your running the wrong size tires all around. your stock tire's overall diamter is 25.7" a 245/45-17 is the same o.d and thats what is suggested to be used. i know your sayin its the width of the tire thats hittin the quads but still the tire hieght is too large.

its gonna be a tight squeeze those 10.5's but i am runnin no quad, stock track, and rolled fender lips. i sell wheels an tires so i will be able to test fit before i purchase. fortunatly a good customer just got some 10.5' bullets w/ 275's on them and they look good. so i will test fit those and see how it goes. other wise its the 9" bullet an 275s. but i gotta do something nuts. an i wanna stay 17 cause i have so many tires sitting around. 315's 275's 245's

#7,476 ·
tires

lickm - your running the wrong size tires all around. your stock tire's overall diameter is 25.7" a 245/45-17 is the same o.d and thats what is suggested to be used. i know your sayin its the width of the tire that's hitting the quads but still the tire height is too large.

its gonna be a tight squeeze those 10.5's but i am runnin no quad, stock track, and rolled fender lips. i sell wheels an tires so i will be able to test fit before i purchase. fortunatly a good customer just got some 10.5' bullets w/ 275's on them and they look good. so i will test fit those and see how it goes. other wise its the 9" bullet an 275s. but i gotta do something nuts. an i wanna stay 17 cause i have so many tires sitting around. 315's 275's 245's
if you have aftermarket upper and lower control arm, you don't need quad shocks

#12 ·
phillie356 said:
i am about to buy a rear set of weld 15x8 draglites
with 4.5 back spacing but everyone has them with 5.5 backspacing
what is the diference?
A 15x8 with a 4.5" backspacing will sit out 1" farther than a 15x8 with a 5.5" backspacing. That is the measurement from the outermost edge on the backside to the back of the mounting pad.

Eric

#13 ·
i wouldnt run a 315 on a 9" rim. no way. good luck test fitting the wheels, a 275 works on the 10.5 rim, but the point of that size wheel is to run a 315! know what i mean. anyways, i got stock offset 5L setup, we are rolling the fender lips before paint an we will make as much room as poss. and i have no quads and stinkin C rates sit so high. so i'm hopin it works out. if it does its gonna be sick

#14 ·
I'm running Cobra-R's on mine, regular 17x9's with 255/40 -17's all the way around.

They rub on tight turns, but not bad at all. They do not rub on the rear.

#15 ·
Oktavius said:
Does anyone have photos of a fox with SN95 length axles and 17X9 rims? If so, could I see some photos and know the offset/backspacing? Thanx.
Tim,

I'm running '95 Cobra Rs, R58s up front on Baer/SN95 brakes, M179s in the rear on SN95 length axles. The fronts are 5.95" backspacing (about +24mm offset) and the rears are 6.42" backspacing (about +36mm offset). I'm running 275/40-17s in the rear with the fender lips rolled. They'll still rub the fender lip if I hit a nasty bump mid-corner, but it doesn't cut the tire or anything like that so I don't worry about it.

Here's a shot that shows how the rears match up to the fender:

Here's another, more "picturesque" picture: :)

Lots of changes since that shot was taken - the car looks more like jcm3's. Rollbar, MM and Griggs suspension, Cobra rear valence, etc. No new pics yet, need to get it painted.

Edit: I've been planning to keep the silver ground effects, but after seeing jcm3's pictures.... hmmmmm..... decisions, decisions! :D

#17 ·
PROCHARGER said:
Different wheels and color, but our cars look a little bit similar. :D

#20 ·
Can you photochop some fr500's on your coupe since ours are just about the same. I may get some if I like em. I've seen one black coupe at ffw in baytown and I liked them but would like to see them on a silver coupe. Thanks, btw that coupe will be hot w/ those rims.

#21 ·
#22 ·
Duddor, post a pic of some fr500s from the side?

Here are a couple more that I did. Prochargers car and my car, merged. :) I kinda like my coupe with cobra ground effects. :)

Rush job, but you get the idea. Tried some other wheels on it too.

#25 ·
jcm3 said:
I'm running Cobra-R's on mine, regular 17x9's with 255/40 -17's all the way around.

They rub on tight turns, but not bad at all. They do not rub on the rear.

hey, that first pic you have posted up on mustang works somewhere right? i remember seeing it a WHILE ago, i remember it b/c it is such a nice car, i like it lol