turbonetics T76... any other options - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (161)
Angry turbonetics T76... any other options

i have a cartech outlaw kit which is setup for a T4 flange and an on-center turbo and hence am looking at a turbonetics T76... HOWEVER i was wondering if you guys could help me find other turbos that are similar to the T76 by precision or garrett or... is the T76 my only option?

paul

'90 notch w/an "old school" cartech outlaw kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (76)
Garage
what wrong with the Turbonetics??

or is it just the turbonetics price you dont like?

11 SHO - Tuxedo Black - Livernois MyCal 4+ tune, K&N Typhoon, Stainless Works downpipes, Magnaflow Tru-X mid-muffler/Dynomax UltraFlo's, 170* t-stat, H&R Sports

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
post #3 of 9 Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

did i say there's anything wrong... just looking for some options

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
You really should just call up a turbo manufacturer, you will find out they all make T76 turbos that are on-center. You can go with Precision, you can go with Turbonetics, you can go with Limit Engineering and the list can go on.

--Admiral Aaron

post #5 of 9 Old 01-03-2008, 09:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
If you want options go with Precision, they will custom build you a Garrett based turbo for your application. Of course you could go with Borg Warner as well but not sure if they make a comprable turbo to Turbonetics or Precision.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-03-2008, 09:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkstang View Post
i have a cartech outlaw kit which is setup for a T4 flange and an on-center turbo and hence am looking at a turbonetics T76... HOWEVER i was wondering if you guys could help me find other turbos that are similar to the T76 by precision or garrett or... is the T76 my only option?

paul
Paul,

I have a HP kit on my car with t4 flange. Originally I put a Turbonetics t-76 Q-trim on it. I couldn't get it to make more than about 14lbs of boost, and we're sure it was because of the backpressure due to the q-trim wheel's limited ability to move air.

So, I switched to a Precision PT76GTS and made 22lbs of boost without even trying and made almost 200 more horsepower in the process.

Precision uses the Garrett GT wheels inside, which I am told are the latest in technology. Others may have had good experiences with Turbonetics, but mine wasn't the greatest.

qikazz
post #7 of 9 Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastceli00 View Post
If you want options go with Precision, they will custom build you a Garrett based turbo for your application. Of course you could go with Borg Warner as well but not sure if they make a comprable turbo to Turbonetics or Precision.
So will Limit Engineering and probably a couple other places. I know 4-5 years ago there were three places that officially sold the Garrett GT stuff, one was Precision another was Limit Engineering and do not recall the name of the last one.

Turbonetics redid their Q-trim at some point in time but I'd imagine the GT series stuff is still better than it.

--Admiral Aaron

post #8 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

hey snipe are you sponsored by limit or something as you mention them lot

and yes i have called them and can't say i was impressed as it somewhat felt like going to a used car dealership and the fact that the guy recommended a T70 made no sense as i told him about the 357w, max of 6250RPMS, and that my goal at first was 650 at the wheels and later 750...???

post #9 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Turbo Wizard

No, I just happen to dislike Harry who owns PTE, I have had a very bad experience with T-netics in how they handle upgrades to their turbos, Innovative was always too much money and not even sure if they are in business, Limit is the company that when all the GN guys were asked who they would go with be it John(Limit) or Harry(PTE) most of them said John. I have not dealt with any other companies so do not mention them.

--Admiral Aaron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement