Why do I see so many turbo kit for sale???? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 12-22-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Why do I see so many turbo kit for sale????

Are people going supercharged??????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 12:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (80)
there's a real simple answer for that.... NO ONE HAS A ####ING CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING...

----------Dart 363 Turbo 93 Cobra #3193----------
--------------Magnum T56--------------
post #3 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 02:58 AM

Trader Feedback: (14)

lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 03:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (40)
Garage
says the guy who pops his gaskets under boost,lmao

we all are going back to blowers..as fast as we can...tired of melted hoods and having to dismantle half the engine compartment to do anything plus many many other reasons, the biggest for me was waiting 5 months for a turbo kit and being lied to day after day, then when it did come it didnt fit...lol

they both work..i missed the sound of my long tubes and that throttle response they both work, and both have pros and cons, just up to the individual ...
post #5 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heedz up View Post
Hell no! I'll keep my turbod setup anyday over my previous SC'd setups.

89 GT--428 Dart Block 9.1:1, AFR 225's, Edelbrock Super Victor EFI ,Bullet Cams turbo cam, Accufab 90mm TB, TH-400, Ultimate Converter, AEM EMS, twin GT4088's
post #6 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
HP stage 1 turbocharged 93 cobra here and would not have it any other way. If people are seling their turbo kits mabe they are tired of making too much power, or replacing too many stock transmissions! LOL
post #7 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
I'm selling mine because I have two setups. One B&G custom kit with a PT67 and one twin setup that I want to get rid of.

-'90 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0 SSP. 83 DSO US Gov't Issue. H/C/I Track toy
post #8 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (16)
No more belts for me
post #9 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
n20 for life

94 gt blown
97 cobra blown
post #10 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91lxntch View Post
says the guy who pops his gaskets under boost,lmao

we all are going back to blowers..as fast as we can...tired of melted hoods and having to dismantle half the engine compartment to do anything plus many many other reasons, the biggest for me was waiting 5 months for a turbo kit and being lied to day after day, then when it did come it didnt fit...lol

they both work..i missed the sound of my long tubes and that throttle response they both work, and both have pros and cons, just up to the individual ...
Superchargers don't create boost? Or, do SC's just not pop gaskets? What part of the supercharger eliminates head gaskets from popping? Is that piece available to turbo guys?

I've not heard of any melted hoods, something I guess i'll have to research.

1986 Mustang GT
306 E303, TEA 185 TW, Quicktime Turbo 67mm, Redneck C4 15lbs boost
525hp/626tq
*Sold drivetrain - Rolling Chassis may be available*
post #11 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (62)
I am looking into selling my turbo just because I want to do a diff turbo set up.

So if anyone is looking for a stage 1 HP turbo set up let me know. And I promise you will not have to wait 9 months for it. haha

Big Bore Boss 347 FTI 225cc High Port, FTI Cam, Box R Intake under stock hood, T-56 Magnum, 4.30 gears.
post #12 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 04:28 PM

im not getting a supercharger....some people just might not beable to take the power...lol
post #13 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 04:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedz View Post
Superchargers don't create boost? Or, do SC's just not pop gaskets? What part of the supercharger eliminates head gaskets from popping? Is that piece available to turbo guys?

huh?????? dont understand what your saying....sounds like your being offended by that, and there fore puffing your chest up ?

comment 1. there's a real simple answer for that.... NO ONE HAS A ####ING CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING...

comment 2. says the guy who pops his gaskets under boost,lmao

like what didnt you get, bro?

only turbos are fast, blah blah blah, how many times i hear of people comparing, and saying my new stage 2 or 3 turbo kit is so much better then my s trim or novi 1000, come on guys compare apples to apples...how many of you run the baddest 76mm or 88mm turbos on the [email protected]+. now what about ysi's,f1r's, etc at that level turbos have a hard time competing, i like turbos, just wasnt for me, i can go just as fast with anything else, so id rather enjoy all the other things i like about blowers...it all works...to be honest if i didnt hate filling up, id prob have nitrous still...like i said above it all works good..just pick what you like..later

Last edited by 91lxntch; 12-23-2007 at 04:57 PM.
post #14 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 05:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
Quote:

it cuz they dont make enough power to pop gaskets lol (JOKE!!)

no seriously I think some of it has to do with the fact turbo kits are a little more difficult to install but most of all working out the bugs will pi$$ ya right off, some enough to scrap the project. Getting a turbo car to run right is a lttle harder too. NOT saying a S/C is ALLWAYS a bolt on and go thing but for the most part they dont have the "issues" turbo cars do. Some miss their old set up or something about it. I REALLY miss the sound of my flomasters but had to ditch them with the turbo. NOT enough to make me take the turbo off but IF there were other things I didnt like I could see it.

I see just as may S/C and nitrous kits for sale as I do turbo kits here on corral so I dont know.. lol right now turbo kits are the "hot" item,BEST time to sell is when you can get top dollar right???

I have to agree with 91lx they ALL work !! its up to you what YOU LIKE. if you have a 500hp car dont really matter if its N/A S/C turbo or bottle fed its gonna be fast and fun to drive. lol

NEVER do business with Sam Rivera AKA Sam Wilson.

Last edited by red89coupe; 12-23-2007 at 05:36 PM.
post #15 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91lxntch View Post
huh?????? dont understand what your saying....sounds like your being offended by that, and there fore puffing your chest up ?

comment 1. there's a real simple answer for that.... NO ONE HAS A ####ING CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING...

comment 2. says the guy who pops his gaskets under boost,lmao

like what didnt you get, bro?

only turbos are fast, blah blah blah, how many times i hear of people comparing, and saying my new stage 2 or 3 turbo kit is so much better then my s trim or novi 1000, come on guys compare apples to apples...how many of you run the baddest 76mm or 88mm turbos on the [email protected]+. now what about ysi's,f1r's, etc at that level turbos have a hard time competing, i like turbos, just wasnt for me, i can go just as fast with anything else, so id rather enjoy all the other things i like about blowers...it all works...to be honest if i didnt hate filling up, id prob have nitrous still...like i said above it all works good..just pick what you like..later
What part of it was difficult to understand?

It was a sarcastic response to an ignorant comment.

My last car was a SC - had no problems with it. I'm going turbo now basically so I can say i've tried them both. Nitrous isn't for me so it's out of the equation. I like N/A but for what I want to do it gets too impractical.

You can run as fast as you want with any combo, I want 11-oh's and full streetability. As in, full interior, pump gas, drive anywhere - not to the local ice cream stand, I mean state to state if need be.

I'm willing to bet i'll be significantly lower than 20psi.

1986 Mustang GT
306 E303, TEA 185 TW, Quicktime Turbo 67mm, Redneck C4 15lbs boost
525hp/626tq
*Sold drivetrain - Rolling Chassis may be available*
post #16 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
What part of it was difficult to understand?

It was a sarcastic response to an ignorant comment.

My last car was a SC - had no problems with it. I'm going turbo now basically so I can say i've tried them both. Nitrous isn't for me so it's out of the equation. I like N/A but for what I want to do it gets too impractical.

You can run as fast as you want with any combo, I want 11-oh's and full streetability. As in, full interior, pump gas, drive anywhere - not to the local ice cream stand, I mean state to state if need be.

I'm willing to bet i'll be significantly lower than 20psi.
dude it was a joke to a friend, haha...wow some people, vrooommm right over your head

11oh's you can do that with any of the 3 without even trying...
all im saying is compare apples to apples is all...

only time i see a turbo having a true advantage, is in a stock block scenario, they seem to be a little more gentle , and can be pushed just a tad further...other then that , you can go as fast as you want with anything...with my engine combo, i could afford to give up that slight edge of the turbo , just to have my long tube/cam/blower sound, and they are easier to work with..for me it was a no brainer, i dont want to cut up any more cars either.. when im bored with this , ill build another turbo car for awhile then come back..

truthfully i think people are selling them , simply because there bored and want somthing new and different..we are all like that for the most part...you put enough boost to a car its gonna fly , realy doesnt matter the power adder being used..
post #17 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

I had a twin turbo ponydown kit..Got it home in the mail,opened the box and said what the [email protected]$#k is this junk.
Message ponydown and they said I got the old stock.Payed $4000.00 and sold it for $2000.00 that why I would never go back.Just wanted to see other coments..
post #18 of 40 Old 12-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (25)
i'm very surprised ponydown screwed u like that, i have always heard that they have had great customer service...
post #19 of 40 Old 12-24-2007, 01:06 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
They're upgrading to better system...

1991 XR8 Australian Falcon TFS induction
2014 Falcon GTE Supercharged Coyote

85 Lb inj Custom cam ,P 2000 Haltech ecu...4x's 2 coil wasted spark ignition.Twin SC 61-2s with Dart block, 330/4340 Crank, Oliver rods,7.9/ comp c C.P pistons.. 482 rwkw/ 646 rwhp..A.P 4 pot brakes...TKO
post #20 of 40 Old 12-24-2007, 02:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (76)
Garage
well i was more than happy with my Vortech, but it wasnt torquey enough and need an IC badly.

I went turbo because there isnt a turbo mustang everywhere you look plus the make loads of torque, and turbo's like small gears so i can still try to get ok MPG's

Not to mention raising boost is the touch of a few buttons, not changing pulleys. So its the best of both worlds for pump and race gas!!

and just to be sure she will fly i added juice to the mix as well...

11 SHO - Tuxedo Black - Livernois MyCal 4+ tune, K&N Typhoon, Stainless Works downpipes, Magnaflow Tru-X mid-muffler/Dynomax UltraFlo's, 170* t-stat, H&R Sports

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
post #21 of 40 Old 12-24-2007, 02:23 AM

Garage
although IMO its very hard to beat the whine of a centri at idle, esp when coupled with a nice cammy exhaust

11 SHO - Tuxedo Black - Livernois MyCal 4+ tune, K&N Typhoon, Stainless Works downpipes, Magnaflow Tru-X mid-muffler/Dynomax UltraFlo's, 170* t-stat, H&R Sports

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
post #22 of 40 Old 12-24-2007, 02:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCANGL View Post
although IMO its very hard to beat the whine of a centri at idle, esp when coupled with a nice cammy exhaust
my thoughts exactly, for me it was a no brainer i have a r block great top end, so i can easily pulley the car and make killer power, im also blow through carb which helps me get away with alot more not running an intercooler , however im custom fabbing a nice air/air...the torque is deffenetly there with a turbo, sometimes to much, it is really a crap shoot between the 2 ..unless i was wot, i was bored with the turbo...so either or, if you could call and order a turbo kit , and it be here within a few days, and it would fit, and last things would be different...
post #23 of 40 Old 12-24-2007, 11:18 AM

i sold my turbo kit too.

to get a bigger turbo kit.

horsepower is addictive.

1991 lx turbo notch
post #24 of 40 Old 12-24-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ wendy ♥ View Post
i sold my turbo kit too.

to get a bigger turbo kit.

horsepower is addictive.
LOL..Nice
post #25 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM

yeah

i think why people are selling is becasue they get their self into alot more crap than they expected. i my self had 3 kits. pony down was one(i beat the hell out of it and threw it in the trash.. then i droped my car off to brian at b&g and all i can say is wow.. like it came from the factory with the motor plate and turbo set up..
post #26 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentvalve View Post
i think why people are selling is becasue they get their self into alot more crap than they expected. i my self had 3 kits. pony down was one(i beat the hell out of it and threw it in the trash.. then i droped my car off to brian at b&g and all i can say is wow.. like it came from the factory with the motor plate and turbo set up..
had a Pony Down kit and lost 2000.00 trying to sell the F#%king Thing
Thats why I got out of turbo's..I am thinking of getting the hellion kit next.With the money spent on the S#%T in a box I got from Pony Down I could of Payed some more $$$ and be happy..I had holes in all the welds..lol
That kit has 3 owners and not one put it on..lol Sorry but every time I see Pony Down I ..
post #27 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 PM

Say what you REALLY think.... Lol...
I found it easier to buy the bends and flanges and made my own...
Some kits are E bay crap where people are just trying to take advantage of there popularity..
Sheesh we are getting heaps of e Bay supercharger kits too...About as efficient as an electric turbo....Or an ashtray on motorbike...

1991 XR8 Australian Falcon TFS induction
2014 Falcon GTE Supercharged Coyote

85 Lb inj Custom cam ,P 2000 Haltech ecu...4x's 2 coil wasted spark ignition.Twin SC 61-2s with Dart block, 330/4340 Crank, Oliver rods,7.9/ comp c C.P pistons.. 482 rwkw/ 646 rwhp..A.P 4 pot brakes...TKO

Last edited by xr8240; 12-29-2007 at 09:43 PM.
post #28 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...ea0150d4a0.htm

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #29 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm a Fox Body expert 'cuz I say so.

Trader Feedback: (7)
I just sold my SC. I just got tired of all the money and time it takes to maintain it. I am running NA so I can actually drive the car instead of rolling around underneath it.

I have other interests too and the car was draining me. Slower.....yes. However I still enjoy the hell out of it, and I don't have to worry about splitting the block anymore.

Just my .02
post #30 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Garage
^^ i envy you LMAO

im most likely runnin open DP so hopefully my turbo is pretty verbal when cruisin... i just dont want the jake brake sound on decel. Hopefully with the auto i wont get that much.

Of course i wont have near that much cam in my exhaust

post #31 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
^^ i envy you LMAO

im most likely runnin open DP so hopefully my turbo is pretty verbal when cruisin... i just dont want the jake brake sound on decel. Hopefully with the auto i wont get that much.

Of course i wont have near that much cam in my exhaust
Fear the whistle eh! Honestly, it sounds a bit to tractor like when I get on it...so I'll eventually end up throwing on a straight through muffler. For now though, women and children dive in the bushes in fear of the banshee sounds being emmited from the tailpipes.
post #32 of 40 Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED89GT View Post
I don't have to worry about splitting the block anymore.
Good ole Mod motors for me

im alum. and wont split it LMAO

post #33 of 40 Old 12-30-2007, 01:50 PM

How much does a mod motor weigh?

'67 coupe, blow-thru 351w S475, C4/C5, 8.8 6.38 at 110, 9.99 at 135
post #34 of 40 Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
i wanted twin turbo but there isn't alot of room in my engine compartment after the 5.5....
post #35 of 40 Old 12-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj5600 View Post
How much does a mod motor weigh?
I know a fully assembled 05 3-valve motor is roughly 420lbs.

Im not sure about alum. 4-valves, but the block is 85lbs.

The iron block is about 150 i think...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement