ProTurboKits Feedback Appreciated. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
ProTurboKits Feedback Appreciated.

Looking at buying a turbo for my 90lx 5.0.I want a drawthrough mass air setup and dont want to have to convert a blow through.So Who has done business with pro turbo lately.Good or bad I would like to hear your thoughts ect.Also who is a distributor for them as they do not list any on there site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Draw through is tuff to do with a turbo, Ive never seen prturbokits kit yet though.

post #3 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo5.0. View Post
Draw through is tuff to do with a turbo, Ive never seen prturbokits kit yet though.
What do you mean a draw through is tuff to do with a turbo.Is this do to space.Please list your reason.I think Hellion does this on there 03-04 cobra kits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 08:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (27)
I recently bought a used PTK kit. Just finishing the install. I have to get the header bolt holes heli coiled on 1 of my heads. Overall, the kit is very nice. Nice welds, everything looks top notch. I did convert it to blow thru, so I had to fabricate some of the cold side. From all of the stuff I've been reading lately, unless it's a nice used kit. I wouldn't mess with them. They seem to have problems filling orders, and not answering phone calls or e-mails. I would get a Quicktime or B&G kit. They seem to have excellent customer service. Read this on PTK http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=95839.0
You won't have any problems with a blow thru kit. Mine is actually pretty easy to tune so far, even with the leaking header.

1994, 347, 78mm, alot, NO-you can't!
post #5 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Well I have been top by a few great tuners that a drawthrough setup would a better all around for a daily driver.
post #6 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 90 View Post
Well I have been top by a few great tuners that a drawthrough setup would a better all around for a daily driver.
Tell that to all of the guys running around on blow through setups. Also keep in mind that you will be required to run a bypass valve on a draw through setup instead of a BOV.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #7 of 16 Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
post #8 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (14)
I personaly run a draw through, and it works great. I run a BOV to.. I just notice tha tmost turbo kits run blow through due to space. I took my kit made for blow and made it draw it was not easy but It looks good and works great.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo5.0. View Post
I personaly run a draw through, and it works great. I run a BOV to.. I just notice tha tmost turbo kits run blow through due to space. I took my kit made for blow and made it draw it was not easy but It looks good and works great.
Every time you let off the throttle under boost, you are ejecting metered air into the atmosphere. The computer still injects the amount of fuel required for boost…but because the air is no longer present you'll get an instant rich condition that wreaks havoc on most setups.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Ptk - pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 90 View Post
Looking at buying a turbo for my 90lx 5.0.I want a drawthrough mass air setup and dont want to have to convert a blow through.So Who has done business with pro turbo lately.Good or bad I would like to hear your thoughts ect.Also who is a distributor for them as they do not list any on there site.
I ordered a kit from pts formally ptk and when I found out all of the trouble they were having I called and canceled the order and wrote an e-mail to greg one of the owners. When he got my e-mail and found out why I was canceling he called me numerus times and was ignoring his calls and just letting my card company handle it. After two days of greg trying to get in touch with me I decided to answer one of his calls. Remember this is not my feelings on the company I am just stating what he told me. He and the new owner ran into problems when they bought out the owner of ptk and tried to help the customers that ptk screwed over by using the sales from there new company to take care of old cust. from ptk. That is when the trouble started because now he could not get the new cust out there kits on time and they started getting very bad feedback on the websites. He told me he does have a list of 15-16 people that are still waiting on parts and they will be taken care off. He did seem concerned for what that is worth to you guys that are still waitng for sh--. He told me there is no problem he will refund my money but he wanted to explain his side. In the last 8 months he had try to turn things around buy cutting down from 10-to 3 employees and moved to a smaller building and getting every kit done on time and shipped. He is hoping that after I and any one else who orders will start to post positive when they see he is trying to turn things around. He had me on the phone for a half hour I hope he didn't con me. I figured that my card will cover me and if he comes thru than that is a silver lining for you guys that are left in the cold out there.

Let see what he does with my kit it is only a hot side drag radial kit and he said about two weeks. We will see I hope for you guys that got screwed he comes thru. He does have very positive feed back on e-bay. I will keep you posted.

post #11 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodknock View Post
I ordered a kit from pts formally ptk and when I found out all of the trouble they were having I called and canceled the order and wrote an e-mail to greg one of the owners. When he got my e-mail and found out why I was canceling he called me numerus times and was ignoring his calls and just letting my card company handle it. After two days of greg trying to get in touch with me I decided to answer one of his calls. Remember this is not my feelings on the company I am just stating what he told me. He and the new owner ran into problems when they bought out the owner of ptk and tried to help the customers that ptk screwed over by using the sales from there new company to take care of old cust. from ptk. That is when the trouble started because now he could not get the new cust out there kits on time and they started getting very bad feedback on the websites. He told me he does have a list of 15-16 people that are still waiting on parts and they will be taken care off. He did seem concerned for what that is worth to you guys that are still waitng for sh--. He told me there is no problem he will refund my money but he wanted to explain his side. In the last 8 months he had try to turn things around buy cutting down from 10-to 3 employees and moved to a smaller building and getting every kit done on time and shipped. He is hoping that after I and any one else who orders will start to post positive when they see he is trying to turn things around. He had me on the phone for a half hour I hope he didn't con me. I figured that my card will cover me and if he comes thru than that is a silver lining for you guys that are left in the cold out there.

Let see what he does with my kit it is only a hot side drag radial kit and he said about two weeks. We will see I hope for you guys that got screwed he comes thru. He does have very positive feed back on e-bay. I will keep you posted.

Here is a thread over on turboforums.com http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=95839.0

I hope you did the right thing. It seems like they are conning everyone. I wanted to buy a Pro Turbo Kit new but after hearing all the bad stories about them I decided I didn't want to take a chance. I tried to call and talk to them a few times about 2 months ago and could never get anyone on the phone. After spending $5000+ I want to have the piece of mind that if I have a problem or question someone will answer it.

I wish you the best of luck with them. Please tell us how you make out.
post #12 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 04:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Stay away from PTK/PTS. There are members on turbomustangs.com that have been waiting for quite some time, a couple of them are about to hit two years of waiting for completion of their kits (orders placed in EARLY 2006).

There is no point in risking your time and money when there are other more reliable companies taking care of mustangs looking to go turbo.

92 LX Coupe
94 Cobra- Sold
post #13 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 04:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
heh

that " smaller " building is his partners garage at his home ... NO LIE
post #14 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 06:59 PM

turbo

GREAT Thanks guys
post #15 of 16 Old 11-28-2007, 09:27 PM

pts

I just got an e-mail from greg sent me a copy of my invoice and saying that the fab work will be done tomorrow and he will send me pics of them and then off to coating. Looking good so far. I hope he can turn this thing around to positive instead off all negative. they make a good product.
post #16 of 16 Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

I guess it doesnt matter as they have no website and word has it they are out of business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement