I need you guys to double check my plans - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Question I need you guys to double check my plans

I've got a turbo project going and I also have a strange drag brake setup but retaining the factory booster and M.C.

I've heard that running power brakes is a nono with a boosted application but according to what I've read on turbomustangs.com there is no issue as long as the check valve at the booster is still good.

I know that with certain cams, vacuum can be effected at idle or just cruising.

As for turbos, I know that cruising and regular driving has very little effect on vacuum stored in the booster and there is plenty of vacuum available for power brakes. When I installed my turbo with the stock motor and stock brakes, I didn't run it very long and took it to an 1/8th mile one night and made a few passes and everything seemed fine.

I just want to make sure that (other than installing the strange brakes and alot more motor), when I crank the boost up and run it in the 1/4 that I'll still have enough vacuum stored for the stop.

I just found this post: http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...p?topic=2078.0 That seems alot more reassuring than other posts I've been reading.

348ci, 4R75W, 95, Turbo, Fobra project. Check out my build in the Member Build-Up Projects.

Last edited by Adrenalin; 11-20-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: just found a more reassuring thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
You will be fine.. You are in vacuum when in braking anyway.. Or should be!!!

1991 XR8 Australian Falcon TFS induction
2014 Falcon GTE Supercharged Coyote

85 Lb inj Custom cam ,P 2000 Haltech ecu...4x's 2 coil wasted spark ignition.Twin SC 61-2s with Dart block, 330/4340 Crank, Oliver rods,7.9/ comp c C.P pistons.. 482 rwkw/ 646 rwhp..A.P 4 pot brakes...TKO
post #3 of 6 Old 11-22-2007, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks bro.

Last edited by Adrenalin; 11-22-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-22-2007, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8240 View Post
You will be fine.. You are in vacuum when in braking anyway.. Or should be!!!
It's the should be that get's me a little worried! I've still got to upgrade my WG.

Last edited by Adrenalin; 11-22-2007 at 07:40 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Haha worry little...There is some capacity / storage in most brake boosters to cope with two or three brake applications...Just don't go pulsing your brakes too often..
Even if w/g isn't working correct.. The throttle being shut closed will still produce vacuum in inlet manifold...

1991 XR8 Australian Falcon TFS induction
2014 Falcon GTE Supercharged Coyote

85 Lb inj Custom cam ,P 2000 Haltech ecu...4x's 2 coil wasted spark ignition.Twin SC 61-2s with Dart block, 330/4340 Crank, Oliver rods,7.9/ comp c C.P pistons.. 482 rwkw/ 646 rwhp..A.P 4 pot brakes...TKO
post #6 of 6 Old 11-22-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8240 View Post
Haha worry little...There is some capacity / storage in most brake boosters to cope with two or three brake applications...Just don't go pulsing your brakes too often..
Even if w/g isn't working correct.. The throttle being shut closed will still produce vacuum in inlet manifold...

I appreciate the info bro! It all sounds elementary when you put it that way and I feel like a complete tard! hah

Thanks again man!

348ci, 4R75W, 95, Turbo, Fobra project. Check out my build in the Member Build-Up Projects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement