Taking the turbo plunge - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (27)
Taking the turbo plunge

Welp as of this morning, I'm sending off a money order to purchase an SN 95 PTK street dominator kit, with an ITS T-76. I found it in the classifieds here. From the 12 or 13 pictures I got, the stuff looks almost new. I can't wait to jump into this. It'll be a short while before I get it installed. I'll need to make an inlet pipe for it, and find some time for an open bay at my buddies shop to get it installed. Anybody got any feedback on the PTK kits?

1994, 347, 78mm, alot, NO-you can't!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
congrates

--88 mustang gt, 5 speed, with mass air converson,vortech v3 sci pushing 5 to 6 psi, 3.73 gears, alum drive shaft, full exhaust, short throw, other wise stock
post #3 of 7 Old 09-28-2007, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Sir.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I have a fox body kit. There were some delays receiving the parts and some parts were never received. I had to cut the wastegate discharge pipe so it would fit. I had to have the local import tuner shop add 1.5" to the turbo discharge to intercooler pipe (but I raised my engine 1" to fit a Canton road race pan so the could be the cause of the poor fit on the turbo to intercooler pipe).

The turbo system is on the car and working now. The pieces look high quality and most fit well.

You will need the BBK short H-pipe. I could not make my MAC short H-pipe fit. You will need heat shielding for the plug wires on the passenger side. I have the 66mm turbo. I don't have any dyno numbers or track numbers yet.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-30-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting a very lightly used kit. So, thank goodness, I won't have to wait forever for all the pieces.
I'm also gonna run a single exhaust. I've been thinking of going with the Dynomax Ultraflow muffler. Everything looks nearly new in the pictures I've gotten. I sent Doug a money order, that should be there @ Monday. So, I'm expecting to have everything by the end of next week, or early the week after. I looks nice a really nice kit. I found an older issue of Muscle mustangs from 11/05. The cover car is very similar to my car, and that guy is making over 800 rwhp, through an AOD. So, I'm really looking forward to digging in.

post #6 of 7 Old 09-30-2007, 10:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (41)
My friend is running the PTK with a 76mm and larger intercooler on his 347 stock block. It is a 11:1(yes that's right LOL), AFR 185's, Comp Cams 282(I think) in a 3200lb street car with a C4. Running 9-10psi on 93 octane and a Snow Methanol injection kit he runs 9.5-9.6's at 140MPH all day long. Except last night a connecting rod broke. So his R block is in the works with some high boost to see what it will really do. The guy he bought the kit from made 840RWHP through an AOD at 17-18psi.

Needless to say he has me sold on the kit. I am looking to purchase one myself. I won't buy it new as there are to many problems with getting your stuff from PTS.

Good luck.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man.
I think I'm gonna like it. I've actually never been in a real turbo car. Been in a couple of volvos, and a grand national, cyclone. But, I did have a Kenne Bell on my car a few years back. So, I'm thinking it'll give me the low end torque of the K.B., with the pull (prolly more so) of the vortech. I can't wait.
I do agree with you on ordering a new kit. It seems the only places to go nowadays is Hellion (if you can afford it), B&G, Ponydown, Or 1 of Newt kits. It's a shame when the enthusiasts (Newt, B&G, Pony Down) offers better customer service than the so called turbo kit Company does. I was actually gonna go with 1 of Newt's kits, until I ran into this deal.

Last edited by STANGFREEK94; 10-01-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement