BOV - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-29-2007, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
BOV

ok, this may sound dumb to a lot of you, especially froma guy like me who has been playing with turbo cars since 96 but i have never run a BOV before. i just picked up a cheap one from ebay hoping that it might help solve my problem with IC hoses blowing off. i see nowhere to adjust it - is it just a plug and play kind of thing? i keep seeing people posting about adjustable bovs and i'm a bit confused. anyone want to shed some light?

1986 5.0TT Tribute Car
2010 Ranger 4.0
1989 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (76)
Garage
not all are adjustable... some just have a vacuum plug in and thats about it. I think alot of bypass valves are built this way.

11 SHO - Tuxedo Black - Livernois MyCal 4+ tune, K&N Typhoon, Stainless Works downpipes, Magnaflow Tru-X mid-muffler/Dynomax UltraFlo's, 170* t-stat, H&R Sports

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
post #3 of 7 Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
i had one from ebay it would not blow off for anything so i took the internal spring out replaced it with an weaker wastegate spring and it works great now but when it wasnt working i was blowing my ic pipes of and they are t bolted on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Yep-those cheap ones like the famous plasic bosch ones have no adjustments on them. Just a vacuum line plus an inlet and outlet.

For tubes blowing off, you can put a dot of weld on the end of the tube. Actually two dots approx 180 degrees from each other. That will give the clamp something to bite. Are you using proper Tbolt clamps?
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #5 of 7 Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
put some hair spray on the piping before slipping on the silicone and bolting it down. It helps the silicone grip the piping much better.

1995 Mustang GT - 347 - PT7576
2004 Mazda RX8 - 13B-REW BWS362
2013 Mercedes GLK-350
post #6 of 7 Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
Yep-those cheap ones like the famous plasic bosch ones have no adjustments on them. Just a vacuum line plus an inlet and outlet.

For tubes blowing off, you can put a dot of weld on the end of the tube. Actually two dots approx 180 degrees from each other. That will give the clamp something to bite. Are you using proper Tbolt clamps?
Erich
+1

I actually ran without a BOV the first year I had my setup and had no issues blowing off intake hoses. T-bolt clamps + welded beads (or bead rolled) ends should do the trick.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #7 of 7 Old 08-30-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Well, it's not the cheapest bov, but it wasn't pricey either. Some place here in Ontario makes it...seems like a forge knock-off. I think I solved my ic hose problem by taping my pipes together with aluminum ducting tape before sliding the coupler over. Can't weld a lip...remember I'm using abs piping lol.

Anyway, here's the valve....
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._promot_widget

1986 5.0TT Tribute Car
2010 Ranger 4.0
1989 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement