TO4 upgrade ?'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-27-2007, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (156)
TO4 upgrade ?'s

I'm looking to build up a SBF 347 max, with twin turbos. It'll be a DIY job, and I've beens scouring Ebay for turbos. I bought a TO4 and it needs a new compressor side impeller. And after looking for impellers, I found some for the TO4 but are 60-1 trim, will that fit? My current housing is a .60 A/R cold side and 1.15 A/R hot side. I was told that the TO4 was just a designation and didn't really say much that this particular housing could hold anything from a 57mm to 80mm impeller. How do I go about finding out which will work? Will the 60-1 work? Will the housing need to be modified? I've also seen from the various pics, that the TO4 comes with different Down pipe attachment configs. My current one has a "6 stud ring" and I've seen some with 4 bolts, some with three, some with the v-clamp and some with nothing and was wondering would it make much of difference if the down pipe bolt pattern didn't match between the two turbos? As long as the impellers and a/r matched? I'm currently trying to take apart the turbo to get the measurments on the the impellers if that would help. But I guess the main question, when looking to rebuild the TO4 that I have, what should I look for as far as upgrading? Thanks.

1993 Bright Calypso Green LX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement