what do you think of this? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
what do you think of this?

i was reading the new issue of hot rod today and theres an article on a diy twin turbo stang,the project was done on the cheap and actually didnt look too bad.

2 things i noticed tho,
he's running hard brake line for his oil to the turbos,i think he did it strictly to save money,but im thinking about going this route with my car if i used polished line and were very particular about the bends it could look pretty cool + save some money,but how would you get a proper fitting for the turbos to mate to the brake line?

and in the whole article while it discusses the details of his setup it never mentions him having any kind of tune or standalone,just running 30# injectors and a calibrated c&l. not only would i think this is not safe,but i was under the impression if you run boost you MUST have a chip or at least an FMU or the car wouldnt be drivable,nevermind run at its best..opinions?

96 Cobra: 5.0 swap, T5, On3 67mm BB turbo, Megasquirt, EDIS,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2007, 07:09 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
hmmmm i got to pick up this issue...but anyways as far as i know you must have some type of system to add more fuel under boost if that guy is just running 30# injectors (my opinion too small) and and a calibrated c&l hes going to lean out and bye bye motor....an fmu should do the job if your not running alot of boost if your on a budget

hooker headers, MSD 6AL, O/R X-Pipe, aftermarket locker, 4.10 gears, rest is stock =(
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
I was inspired for my DIY setup by a similar article in MM&FF that came out a number of years ago. Saved the issue since it was such a cool idea.

Brakeline is pretty common to use as an oil feed. In an good auto parts store you can find connectors that go from brakeline ends to ntp. Use 3/16 brakeline and find nice restrictive connectors. I use these 90 degree ones that have a pretty small hole in them. You don't want to force too much oil in the turbo.

You can run a turbo setup with just a calibrated maf, a fp regulator and injectors. With no tune, 30# seem a little on the light side. But if you search moovs on here, he is running 36# injectors with like 600 hp. 36-42# should do the trick. I ran the following combos on the dyno:

19# injectors, fmu, 140 or 190 lph pump-made 310/480 but had to cut the run off at 3300 rpm due to lack of fuel (a/f rising sharply)-the pump could not supply both pressure and volume. Added an inline pump but then ditched the fmu and...

42# injectors, pmas maf, fp reg, 255 lph pump-made 398/490-run went to completion but a/f was super rich between 3000-4500

42# injectors, pmas maf, fp reg, 255 lph pump, chip plus dynotune-made 426/522-run went to completion perfect a/f thruout (sitting on 12:1)

Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement