Suggestions for timing and fuel pressure without tune? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-24-2007, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (22)
Suggestions for timing and fuel pressure without tune?

Hellion 62mm currently @ 11psi (running pump gas should I drop this down to 9psi?)
42lb injectors, BBK FPR and a 255lph intank fuel pump
TrickFlow Ported Heads
Holley Systemax Intake
F-Cam (Dialed In 4 Degrees Retarded)
PMAS MAF Sensor, BBK 70mm Throttle Body
MSD 6AL and Blaster Coil with FRPP Wires
Bassani 2.5" Catback Exhaust

Where would you start with timing and fuel pressure, I do not have a wideband so I have no way to monitor A/F, I do have an AutoMeter A/F Gauge though, before the car ran great with the C&L, stock heads, Performer Intake and E-Cam with 20 Degrees timing and 32psi fuel pressure.

The block has been rebuilt and has 460 miles on it now, I have yet to land an appointment with the tuner so this is why I ask, I'm just itching to drive it.

So what do you recommend, wait it out for the tuner or can I safely go out and have a little fun before the tune?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2007, 01:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Its a new engine, untuned with a turbo.
I sure wouldnt be out reving it up without
atleast a wideband. Sounds like you spent a lot
of money might as well wait a few more days
rather than blow it up or damage it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-24-2007, 02:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I would suggest to lower your boost. And fuel pressure 39psi. vac line off. I can tell you from my expeirence, that my car went lean @3200rpm. I had, same fuel system as you using the stocklines, 255 intank pump and 42#. So be carefull. And when you do get a tune, you will see that a turbo, and your supporting mods will require more fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-24-2007, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (22)
So what do you recommend I back the boost down to, 9psi, or should I go lower, I will be shooting for a safe street tune. Also do you recommend 60lb injectors or do I need to go with a whole fuel system, the budget is just about run out, so I could maybe do 60's since I could easily sale the 42's and have the meter re-calibrated.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboLXstang View Post
So what do you recommend I back the boost down to, 9psi, or should I go lower, I will be shooting for a safe street tune. Also do you recommend 60lb injectors or do I need to go with a whole fuel system, the budget is just about run out, so I could maybe do 60's since I could easily sale the 42's and have the meter re-calibrated.

You might be ok with 9psi. Yes I would recommend the 60's, and an upgraded fuel system. You will have to get the car tuned though with 60's, the stock comp. cant make that big of an adjustment.

My car had 42's and was tuned for those, I upgraded to 60's and it looked like a Powerstroke it was huffing so much rich black smoke.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Keep the timing low around 8* initial, and fuel pressure around stock, and it should be fine. Lower the boost if it will make you feel better. And a course always listen for detanation with a power adder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement