hears a couple pics of my blow up turbo project - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
hears a couple pics of my blow up turbo project

maybe u guys can diagnose the problem??? tell me what ya think like that pushrod, ahahahaha

Last edited by sprayed88; 04-23-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

oh and the bad side, which was the driver side the head bolts were like 35 foot pounds on the bottom bolts and 60 on the top, guess they got streched why so bad only in that side??? bad injectors, the wide band said 10.0 s??? when it went

post #3 of 8 Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
ok... a few q's.
1. How long has the engine been running?
2. Where did the pushrod come from? ( same cyls as the h.g. damage?)

By the looks of the head gaskets, they either weren't on the engine very long or weren't torqued properly. None of the "blue stuff" stuck to the head or block. Were the heads torqued properly?... I'm assuming the pushrod is bent although it doesn't look like it in the pic. Is that the only one that bent? I'm assuming that you used head studs .... they don't stretch. The piston would fail long before a stud stretched. It sounds to me like the heads werent torqued properly... .Any more info you could give me?

Sorry... I just read your other post.

Head bolts can stretch.. to be sure measure each bolt's length and compare... Should be pretty easy to see if they all stretched on one side. Were they new bolts? Or used? I would go with everyone's recomendation and use head studs and better gaskets and take baby steps with the boost.

Last edited by jrc302; 04-23-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Just read other post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

yeah its bent and it last 25 miles
post #5 of 8 Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 AM

Damn Man , Been there and done that !!!!

That sucks man . Make sure you get the heads checked out . when I blew mine it had a low spot in between the two cyl !!!

91LX Vert 306 Winsor Sr. heads ,42lb inj , 70mm Accufab TB Typhoon intake ,TFS Stage 1 cam
70mm Turbo kit
post #6 of 8 Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

cool im dropping them off today or tomorrow, my motor has like 10k miles on it thats it, ive got some ics titan .072 thickness solid copper head gaskets, but im scared to use them...lol, i dont know if it was running lean or not cause of my down pipe leak before the 0 2 s, dyno time, and im lowering the boost and changing my computer this this surges left and right, it did it na, now its doing it fi...and there is not 1 vaccumm leak or nothing of the sort
post #7 of 8 Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
That does look suspect that the blue is still on there. That torque too is nutty. Make sure everything is flat (heads block).
After blowing my hg, I was grateful that I did not bust a piston. So not sure if I'm a fan of hg that don't act as a fuse.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #8 of 8 Old 04-27-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

yeah me too bro, i think ill go 9333-pt 1 s first and see if i can get it to hold up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement