Cam selection - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-11-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (76)
Garage
Cam selection

Ok guys i need some input...

I have a 98 2-valve that is getting a 76mm Hellion kit. It has a bullitt intake, PnP PI heads, 9:1 compression fully built shortblock, built 4r70w with 3600stall (maybe going to 4000), 3.27 gears

ok heres my question... i had ordered a set of Comp xe278 cams when i thought i was going blower + n20. I changed my mind to turbo and now i think my cams might not be good for a turbo setup.

the specs on the cam are: .550 lift, 242/246 dur. @ .050, 113LSA. Im affraid the turbo wont spool because duration is so big. I was thinking of going down to the xe270's (.550 lift, 234/238 dur 113LSA)
or maybe the xe262 (.550 226/230 dur 113LSA)
Comp is recommending a custom grind of .550 234/234 duration 116LSA.

I was thinking of the 270's since they are close to the custom grind that Comp told me to use...

Help please.......

11 SHO - Tuxedo Black - Livernois MyCal 4+ tune, K&N Typhoon, Stainless Works downpipes, Magnaflow Tru-X mid-muffler/Dynomax UltraFlo's, 170* t-stat, H&R Sports

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (76)
Garage
No help......??

11 SHO - Tuxedo Black - Livernois MyCal 4+ tune, K&N Typhoon, Stainless Works downpipes, Magnaflow Tru-X mid-muffler/Dynomax UltraFlo's, 170* t-stat, H&R Sports

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement