HELP!!!! Finished install, Have problems!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
HELP!!!! Finished install, Have problems!!!

Ok.. finished install on my 93 fox. Traded a member my S Trim for his DIY TT setup. Twin T3 .60/.63 (I think of a GN) Thread said turbos were just rebuilt. finished install, put all fluids back in, then started her up... cranked fine....

then the usual smoke from greasy hands, and THEN.. tons of white smoke everywhere. CRAZY SMOKE.... pulled the car out, not getting any boost, turbos are spinning, but no boost on the gauge. checked the intercooler piping to see if oil was going through the intercooler into the intake but it's all dry and good.

what can this be??????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (25)
hmm.. turbos will make boost so maybe ur boost gauge is bad or messed up also as far as the smoking, either ur backfeeding into the center cartridge of the turbo bc of too small of a oil drain or u have WAY too big of oil Feed lines in its soaking the centers. see if theres any oil blowing past the compressor wheel....just my .02

95 Rio Red5.0- Twin Turbo sold
90 notch- 400w 14.1-glide' gutted traded
2000 gt SOHC pump gas 11.50s on NUTS
2001 terminator clone,4v teksid,tr3650,irs,turbo
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
I would check all piping connections carefully. Easy to have one that is not on all the way. If your turbos are oiling up you might see smoke like that. That could be one of many things. Make sure you are not pressurizing your crankcase, make sure your oil feeds are very small id, oil returns should be 10AN or bigger with no up hill sections. Your turbos need to be positioned so the drain is within 30 degrees of straight down. If it is easy to check, look in the exhaust part of the turbo to see if there is oil. The final thing is that the turbo itself is just leaking oil. Post more info on your setup too. I had similar problems on original startup (with smoke).
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
thanks for the replies... turbos are low and not draining... just ordered tilton differential pump, gonna fab up small catch cans and pump from there back to oil pan.. will post results, but hopefully this should work. I think we put 6 quarts of oil in. would this pressurize the crank????
post #5 of 5 Old 01-31-2007, 02:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Turbos will not make boost if you are just reving it up in nuetral, they need load to make boost.I can hold my car at 5000rpm in nuetral and boost guage reads 0.
If it's an auto brake torque it a little and you should see boost.
Also try not to use any 90 degree fittings on the drains.

89'LX 306,T.W.heads,perf.intake,36's,stock cam/1.7's,70mmT.B.,T-56,3.27's,Twin 60/63 T3's intercooled,14psi,Evolution WG's, Meth inj.
579.2rwhp 658.6rwtq,[email protected] kicked off track
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement