Dumb Newbie Ques. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Dumb Newbie Ques.

With a turbo mustang, can you drive it like a madman if it were a natural aspirated car? Meaning that if I were to drive a turbo mustang, can I give full throttle all the way to red-line every other minute or would that cause too much heat in the engine compartment which might cause some potential damages.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Good chance you would eventually, break something. Even n/a you can, but your odds of breaking something with a power adder will come sooner and a lot more catastrophic. Not to mention with a faster, or more powerfull car you are more likely to get into trouble.

My rule of thumb is...Just because you have lots of horsepower, you dont always have to hang your ass out.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 08:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred50stang View Post
Good chance you would eventually, break something. Even n/a you can, but your odds of breaking something with a power adder will come sooner and a lot more catastrophic. Not to mention with a faster, or more powerfull car you are more likely to get into trouble.

My rule of thumb is...Just because you have lots of horsepower, you dont always have to hang your ass out.
Very true! I agree that if your going full throttle every time you touch the gas peddle then nothing will hold up to that kind of abuse.

You have to be smart about the cars you have and how you drive them.

1992 FHP SSP Coupe
1988 AL SSP Coupe
2003 Redfire Cobra--SOLD
1995 Mustang GT Vert-331/60-1 turbo SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-22-2007, 07:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
I would say the you would crash the car way before you damage the motor (if you have a good tune etc). The power comes on pretty violently and quickly in a turbo car. You run out of room on the street very fast.
On the flip side, the turbos make driving the car so effortless. The car feels featherweight.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #5 of 6 Old 01-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
I would say the you would crash the car way before you damage the motor (if you have a good tune etc). The power comes on pretty violently and quickly in a turbo car. You run out of room on the street very fast.
On the flip side, the turbos make driving the car so effortless. The car feels featherweight.
Erich
Your right. A blower car would croke faster than a turbo car in my opinion also. The blower car is putting a lot of side pressure on the crank from the belt. The turbo car puts no undue stress on the motor. Aside from the normal affect from boost.

1992 FHP SSP Coupe
1988 AL SSP Coupe
2003 Redfire Cobra--SOLD
1995 Mustang GT Vert-331/60-1 turbo SOLD
post #6 of 6 Old 01-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
do you plan on doing so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement