Typical fab cost for cold side? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Typical fab cost for cold side?

I am planning on purchasing a hot side kit and taking the car to a fab shop for the cold side minus the intercooler. My question is around how much are shops charging people for the cold side fabrications? Anyone have an idea?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 01:54 PM

less than $50 at home hardware https://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=752098

1986 5.0TT Tribute Car
2010 Ranger 4.0
1989 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
post #3 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scones View Post
less than $50 at home hardware

gt4276
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-16-2007, 10:41 PM

you can fab. you self, I did the 3" aluminum pipe cost $150 silicon hoses $80,T bolt clamps $60
post #5 of 7 Old 01-17-2007, 07:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
If you use aluminized steel pipe, it is way cheaper. Look in summit in the exhaust section. The silicon connectors (high temp silicone) and t bolt clamps will cost you but are worth it. If you consider fabrication, your best friend is a chop saw. They go for about 100 bucks for a decent one. 50 bucks for harbor freight. If you can't weld, you really could still piece a system together using J bends, Ubends straights and connectors. Since you can use the connectors, it is much less hassle than doing the hot side. Plus if you buy your hot side, you have your turbo(s) already fixed in space-this eliminates a huge variable. Now all you need to do is snake a path for your cold side. Keep in mind too that you will want at least 7 inches of straight in front of your maf.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #6 of 7 Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
What is usually used for the cold side of a kit anyway???? Will aluminum steel hold up to everything?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-19-2007, 01:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
My first attempt was with pcv, it cost me about $200 with all the bends and stuff. You can get universal kits with 6 or 7 pipes and silicone and the cheap clamps on ebay for around $100, it will probably take two kits. The kits last year had each pipe with 90 degree bends and about 15" of pipe, that makes the fab work easy, the new kits have all kind of angles and I have not tried to fab with one of these, but you can still find the old kits if you search enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement