tbird turbos vs. K car turbos - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
tbird turbos vs. K car turbos

Would one work better than th eother for a twin setup on my modular.

636rwhp/576rwtq or 852/900 RSAE corrected
"And the dynos rumbled, and God spoke 'Take thine turbos, install them upon thine car, and destroy the many ricers!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
No less than .60/.48 t-coupe/svo turbos.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #3 of 5 Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
While the ones off a 5-speed t-bird would be optimal I have seen people use the "lesser" ones off the automatic t-birds with very good success. If/when they ever out grow them they can always just bolt on a better pair of T3s. I personally am begining to feel it is just not worth using JY turbos like those due to their age and higher likely hood of needing a rebuild, do you really save that much money after all of that over just buying two new turbos sized for the app.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-06-2007, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Talking to one of the shops that may do the build is saying that using a pair of rebuilt t-bird turbos will probably take $1000 off the cost. I only plan on running the JY turbos till I build the block. I know it seems backwards to turbo the stock block and then build one but I changed my mind after watching a few friends build low compression motors and living with it for years before putting on blowers. Figure running around in the high 300HP range can't be that bad and then next deployment I will build the block and upgrade the turbos. Any suggestions on which turbos to upgrade to Snipe656.

636rwhp/576rwtq or 852/900 RSAE corrected
"And the dynos rumbled, and God spoke 'Take thine turbos, install them upon thine car, and destroy the many ricers!'
post #5 of 5 Old 01-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Turbos must have gone up a lot in the past few years because I remember being able to get T3/T4 hybrids for shy of $600 each so would have a hard time accepting that $1k can be saved via getting JY turbos and more than likely having them rebuilt. But I also have not priced out T3 turbos in a very long time so I could be grossly wrong on that. For a good idea of what turbos to go to I'd just look at all the real world examples via the various cars with HP and TPH(?) kits.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement