Injector-MAF-Turbo??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
Injector-MAF-Turbo???

Alright, I'm going to install a t76 kit on my 95gt. The MAF i have is calibrated for 50lb inj. I really dont want to spend $300-$650 on a set of 50lbers, cause i'm a little tight on cash right now (shoulder surgery). I do have a good set of 36lb FMS injectors just sitting around. I was told i could install a set of 42lb and without recalibrating my MAF run it and adjust it all when i have it pro tuned. My questions are.......

Could i run my 36lb with a MAF thats calibrated for 50lb and just adjust it all when i tune it?

Is it just to big of a difference to be adjusted, and i need to recal the MAF?

Will it even be worth doing or am i just gonna top those 36s out easily?

Only looking for 400hp, and if i dont have to spend more money then i wont. Going to have it professionally tuned anyway.

This is the thread i'm refering to:
Put what you have together. The 42lb injectors and your maf will work but will need to be professionaly tuned. The stack tune in your EEC cantains a MAF transfer function table and Injector table. The tuner can take your stock injector size and actual injector size and apply the function to the stock table. Once that is complete the tuner will measure your AFR via a wideband O2 sensor and can adjust your maf transfer funtion to desired AFR. Once that is complete you can go into the Ford ECC and set your AFR with your base fuel table and comand say a 12.0 AFR. Just because you have a MAF calibrated for 50 lb injectors does not mean your car is going to run correctly with 50 lb injectors. It will need to be adjusted via a custome tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-28-2006, 06:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
you could pic up one of those mass air adjuster things for about $150 and it will alow you to run mass air and injectors that don't match.

1979 Mustang coupe, EFI 393, A/A intercooled Eaton m122, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swapped in.

1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars, tunnel ram with two Predator carbs, solid roller cam, 9", 390/45r15 drag radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement