cant belive the numbers - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-24-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 45
cant belive the numbers

that turbos produce i mean im amazed on stock internals get 500 to 600 hp to the groung. i run with supercharger and i would have been lucky to 350 on a stock motor on 9 psi . so i guess i going have to change my set up i think i have mostly everthing i need but will some one let me if im wrong
306 all forged interianals
h/c/i
30 lbs inj proble a little small i was thinking on 42
80mm mass air
70 tb
tremec 3550 tko
373 going to be a little step but i have 355 in another rear end or should i go 308
i m getting like 490 at the motor now how much would i expect to get out
of a mp t70 .68 set up and would i t be worth a change i have another stang to put the stuff i have to change any input would be great
thanks art
merry x mas to all

pup50 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 12-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (25)
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: spokane WA
Posts: 549
go with at least 42's if not bigger, the 3.08 gears, and an .81 housing on the turbo. it will help out a lot on a motor with good heads and intake. 450 to the wheels if not more would be easy with a decent tune...

2slow93gt is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 12-26-2006, 01:50 AM
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 626
Do you have to have good heads and intake to make power?
I'd hate to mess up heads if the stock block came apart.
MOTORCITYMADMAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 Old 12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Registered User
 
red89coupe's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (31)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORCITYMADMAN View Post
Do you have to have good heads and intake to make power?
I'd hate to mess up heads if the stock block came apart.
NOT NEEDED!!!but with them you can make more power with less boost.

I hate to mess up good heads, or forged interianals!!!!!! stock interinals and heads have been proven to produce enough power to split the block when used with a turbo.The block is the weak link.
red89coupe is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 12-26-2006, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by red89coupe View Post
NOT NEEDED!!!but with them you can make more power with less boost.

I hate to mess up good heads, or forged interianals!!!!!! stock interinals and heads have been proven to produce enough power to split the block when used with a turbo.The block is the weak link.
holley heads intake ,main girdle windage tray
pup50 is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 12-26-2006, 05:21 PM
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by red89coupe View Post
NOT NEEDED!!!but with them you can make more power with less boost.

I hate to mess up good heads, or forged interianals!!!!!! stock interinals and heads have been proven to produce enough power to split the block when used with a turbo.The block is the weak link.
The down side to more boost? Do you need a really good tuner to pull it off or you better off with a better intake package?
So confusing.

Only restriction would be it would have to run on pump gas.
MOTORCITYMADMAN is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 12-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Registered User
 
red89coupe's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (31)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORCITYMADMAN View Post
The down side to more boost? Do you need a really good tuner to pull it off or you better off with a better intake package?
So confusing.

Only restriction would be it would have to run on pump gas.
The ONLY down side to more boost is the stock block..hehe

A good tuner is allways a great idea!!!!!!

IF I was sticking to pump gas then stock H/C/I prolly wouldnt be enough..Thank goodness we have 110 at the pumps here without access to race gas I prolly would do a intake or head swap.



pup50.. I would be really careful !!You will be close to the limits of the block and when it goes it usually takes everything with it.. A gridle just keeps all your broken parts in a nice little pile..
red89coupe is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Registered User
 
Scones's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: first city south of Detroit
Posts: 498
If you're making 4900 at the motor right now N/A I wouldn't bother boosting, you're already pushing the limit of the stock block (albeit the low limit) with those numbers...

1986 5.0TT Tribute Car
2010 Ranger 4.0
1989 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
Scones is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scones View Post
If you're making 4900 at the motor right now N/A I wouldn't bother boosting, you're already pushing the limit of the stock block (albeit the low limit) with those numbers...
i am new to turbo but if someone will give me a number to talk sky is the limit im 28 and make67grand i have a budget but im old school i want to do as much as i can
pup50 is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 12-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered User
 
red89coupe's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (31)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,318
I agree with Scones !!!! 490 is in the dangerzone lol



IF the budget is no limit, why is it you seem to be going "lowbuck"??


with NO limit on spending...Dart block, turbonetics turbo, water to air intercooler, BIG injectors, a standalone engine mangt system and ALL the top of the line goodies would be the way to go. It all depends on how much HP you want..

red89coupe is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 12-27-2006, 09:40 PM
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by red89coupe View Post
The ONLY down side to more boost is the stock block..hehe

A good tuner is allways a great idea!!!!!!

IF I was sticking to pump gas then stock H/C/I prolly wouldnt be enough..Thank goodness we have 110 at the pumps here without access to race gas I prolly would do a intake or head swap.



pup50.. I would be really careful !!You will be close to the limits of the block and when it goes it usually takes everything with it.. A gridle just keeps all your broken parts in a nice little pile..
What do you think you could get with stock H/C/I on pump?

I think Holley intake is $600 and heads like TW run $1,100 or so. Thats alot of extra money for how much extra power considering the stock block?
MOTORCITYMADMAN is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 12-28-2006, 12:13 AM
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 220
the t 70 is roughly 20-30 whp per psi, it depends on the combo, there are cars making 500 whp with 8-10 psi on bone stock motor, im hopeing to do it with 5-8 psi, ill let everyone know soon, im making 310/340 na
sprayed88 is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 626
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayed88 View Post
the t 70 is roughly 20-30 whp per psi, it depends on the combo, there are cars making 500 whp with 8-10 psi on bone stock motor, im hopeing to do it with 5-8 psi, ill let everyone know soon, im making 310/340 na
Sweet. Keep us updated.

Personally I'd like to do a stock engine and just add boost. I'd hope I can make 400 RWHP on pump.
MOTORCITYMADMAN is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 12-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Registered User
 
red89coupe's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (31)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORCITYMADMAN View Post
Sweet. Keep us updated.

Personally I'd like to do a stock engine and just add boost. I'd hope I can make 400 RWHP on pump.

Thats EXACTLY what Im doing !! but 110 comes out of the pump here

stock longblock and a 62-1....
red89coupe is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 12-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Registered User
 
87fiveoh254's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lorena,TX
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORCITYMADMAN View Post
Sweet. Keep us updated.

Personally I'd like to do a stock engine and just add boost. I'd hope I can make 400 RWHP on pump.
My friend had an untouched 200k mile motor and added the hellion kit and got 405hp/443tq with a flat 11 a/f ratio. His name on here is lilmayo if you wanna search for the thread, but it was a while back.

2007 GT
87fiveoh254 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome