air to water intercooler ?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-23-2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
air to water intercooler ??

i just bought a complete turbo kit with the air to water intercooler thats mounted inside the car.. i have not installed it yet, i do have a few questions.. i am new to the turbo world and was wondering...

do i have to keep water in the resevoir at all the times or only when im racing??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-24-2006, 07:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (80)
You keep the water/ice mixture in the cell when you're racing only...
Get to the track,fill it up with ice water, race and add ice & water when needed, drain the cell before you load it up on the trailor.

88' Coupe
post #3 of 7 Old 12-24-2006, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

k thanks, so i can keep it empty when im on the street?? also the reservoir pump will pump the ice water automatically??

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-25-2006, 12:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
air to water isn't good for the street. You are going to have very hot air on the street. It will hold the heat in the cooler. I have one in my car and when we cruise I just fill the tank with ice water and let it pump all the time. I have a meizere pump and its on a switch. You will eventually warm the water though. For an all out street and some race you should go air to air. I am more race than street.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Realspeedparts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbstng View Post
i just bought a complete turbo kit with the air to water intercooler thats mounted inside the car.. i have not installed it yet, i do have a few questions.. i am new to the turbo world and was wondering...

do i have to keep water in the resevoir at all the times or only when im racing??

IF you need any help just ask, We have lots of turbo experence
post #6 of 7 Old 12-30-2006, 03:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
If you have a front mounted radiator to cool the water for street use, the air to water system will work just as well (or better) than an air to air system. the radiator should be mounted in front of everything just like an air to air intercooler.

"Britney spears doesn't sing. She makes vocal noises into a microphone. There is a top-notch engineer who then feeds that signal through an alchemist's collection of signal processing tools and renders something that millions of fans with no taste will buy."
post #7 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the info, i was wondering does anybody have pics of there air to water system?? im still debating on which way to go..i have all the stuff for the air to water, but i can sell it and buy air to air way cheaper.. but the air to water will make way more power... please post pics!!
thanks again everybody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement