67 blo thru times - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
67 blo thru times

I don't think anyon here realy know I have a turboed vehicle. I figured it was time since I finally got the fuel curves corrected. It a 67 mustang with a blo thru setup.308 with AFR 185's.T-70 Mp turbo blowing thru 2.75 turbo coupe intercoolers and into a homebuilt 650.I took out the X-cam and put in a F-cam. When the car had a kit on it it went 7.1 with a 100 shot @94.55 I am not quite completely setup for a turbo, but wanted to make pases anyways. I took out the 4.11's and spool to replace them with 3.25's. In the mean time I put in the in the stock pig I got with the rear end.2.75's, open diff. Needless to say the stall didn't like it. It's a 3500 in a homebuilt C-4. I don't know where I was shifting. I still can't get the tach to work. I think I was short shifting pretty bad in first. i can't hear anything though. I have to wear ear plugs right now cause the exhuast doesn't come out from under the car yet. Apparently it is very quite, just not to me. But I knew once i got into 2nd, I could finish in 2nd without over revving. I probably shoulda been in 2nd just before the finish(1/8mi only) I'll have 3.25's with my spool and a tach next time.
Nailed a 96.98 twice. I bumped the timing up from 20 to 22 total. And gained that MPH from 96.3. Was in the 7.3's all night.The Et's were a little dissapointing, but what can I expect with those gear. Best 60ft was 1.78. I couldn't really build any boost. Not yet. But it was at 0. No boost, no vacuum.For some reason I MAY NOT post attachments here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, 8 psi

post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2006, 09:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
I know you have a turbo car
How do those ETs compare to 1/4 mile? mph seems good.
So were you making 8 psi?
Can't post attachments directly here except in classifieds for some reason. Need to link them from photopost or somewhere else.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-07-2006, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it's 8psi. The tial is set for 7.8psi. The calulator says 11.4 with the ET. But with the 7.1 on the 100 shot, it's 11.1. But the nitrous had a much lower MPH. The calculator doesn't take in account the MPH on that one. So i don't know, but I think she could go faster than 11.4.. But the gears wil be in hopefully this week. And the ET will drop.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2006, 09:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Sounds good. That 67 must look cool ripping down the track.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement