how many stock block guys out there? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 12-09-2005, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
how many stock block guys out there?

How many of you are still running the stock block with 500+rwhp and how long? Just wondering.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 12-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
stock motor with a few exceptions, i have ran up to 17psi for a year now with no problems, i would estimate around 500hp and 600tq

post #3 of 31 Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangbro01
stock motor with a few exceptions, i have ran up to 17psi for a year now with no problems, i would estimate around 500hp and 600tq
Thats good news. Anymore stock blockers? Cite track use also!

Last edited by fastwhite86gt; 12-09-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 12-09-2005, 09:32 PM

go to turbomustangs.com and check out the feature cars, they list hp, times and there combo.
post #5 of 31 Old 12-09-2005, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

i know i am a member there also. i was just seeing what people had here. And by track use, i am wondering how much at that power level. I'm looking to see exactly how much power and abuse these motors can take, as i will be pushing the block at its limits.
post #6 of 31 Old 12-09-2005, 11:13 PM

If your tune is ok it should last quite a while. I have ran mine between 450-625rwhp for 3 years with no problems.
post #7 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 09:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i am still on the stock blocks.....my original block is broken, but i just picked up another stock block, bored .030 over.

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #8 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 09:33 AM

Over 100k on stock bottom end. Two years pushing the boost, no problem...
post #9 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 09:49 AM

Stock block here. I have run this turbo kit for 3 summers now. I have though, gone thru 2 sets of pistons.

1993 LX hatch
Incon 800TTi, AFR heads, Holley intake, stock cam
11.21 @ 124

480 whp, 520 wtq (10 psi)
post #10 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 10:41 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Stock block with 400 hp 480 torque. Don't really qualify for this conversation but I'll throw it up anyway. Only about 3000 miles on the combo and has yet to be really run hard except on the dyno.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #11 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 10:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
"Stockish" longblock with mods in sig.

Makes sic power. No dyno numbers yet, but I would say well over 400 rwhp. Probably not 500rwhp though.

Less than a 1000 miles over 10 psi at this point.

1990 Mustang GT, Explorer shortblock with DSS MSS, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, stock GT cam with 1.72RR, ported Explorer intake and 65mm TB, PTK T66 kit @ 18psi, AEM EMS + WBO2, Alkycontrol methanol injection: All Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cld12pk2go; 12-10-2005 at 10:24 PM.
post #12 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangbro01
go to turbomustangs.com and check out the feature cars, they list hp, times and there combo.
you know, i like that site but why is it that everybody is starting to hate turbomustangs.com

real worriors are driven everyday not just on weekends!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ls1killa; 12-10-2005 at 10:43 PM.
post #13 of 31 Old 12-10-2005, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1killa
you know, i like that site but why is it that everybody is starting to hate turbomustangs.com
i havnt been spending much time there either... although it is still my site to visit when it involves turbo's.
post #14 of 31 Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 AM

Quote:
why is it that everybody is starting to hate turbomustangs.com
sad to say, but the member's are becoming very rude to new people. If you ask a question, you git your head bit off. I currenty have about 5 member's on my site that came over from tm.com, just for that reason. There is a huge post on my site about it, and about how they felt after getting their head's bit off.
I have alot of great turbo information on my site for people to read and try to understand, along with some very very knowledgable member's. Some have car's running in the mid 9's, with car's built on a regular man's wages......

sorry too, not trying to hijack the thread, just answering the question.

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #15 of 31 Old 12-12-2005, 10:19 AM

/hijack

Quote:
sad to say, but the member's are becoming very rude to new people. If you ask a question, you git your head bit off. I currenty have about 5 member's on my site that came over from tm.com, just for that reason. There is a huge post on my site about it, and about how they felt after getting their head's bit off.
TM.com members can be rude, just as much as anyone. The people that got their heads bitten off were the people that went right to the site and started another 'what turbo should I use for 2000 horsepowers (tm) with a stock block in a street car' thread, when there are three other threads asking the exact same question, on the front/same page. They didn't read one post. They didn't search one time, or just saw the amount they would have to read after searching, gave up and posted instead. If the members that bailed after getting bitched out for asking a question, went back and read everything on the site, like the rest of the members had to do, they would understand why they got the response they did.

It is an extremely knowledgeable site. You just can't have it handed to you. You will have to work a little bit.
post #16 of 31 Old 12-12-2005, 01:33 PM
DNA

TM.com

The only thing about TM.com is there is a real limited number of Mod Motors. I still visit the site and read thru just to see if I can use any of the other topics to help me on my build up. I think every site has it's A$$holes and every site has it's cry baby visitors that can annoy senior or long standing members. Typing on a keyboard can make it real easy to rude or even mistaken for being rude.

Back to your question Mine is a stock block 2 valve and we estimate it will be over 600RWHP. My stock block winsdors that were high HP did not see many hi revs always stayed below 6200 when possible.

Dave
post #17 of 31 Old 12-12-2005, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

This motor wont be going over 6k rpm
post #18 of 31 Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
500 here with about 5000 miles, no trama yet!
going for 600 in spring.

89'LX 306,T.W.heads,perf.intake,36's,stock cam/1.7's,70mmT.B.,T-56,3.27's,Twin 60/63 T3's intercooled,14psi,Evolution WG's, Meth inj.
579.2rwhp 658.6rwtq,[email protected] kicked off track
post #19 of 31 Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
89'LX 306,T.W.heads,perf.intake
stock cam/1.7's,70mmT.B.,T-56,3.55's,
Twin 60/63 T3's intercooled,10psi,
Evolution WG's,
502rwhp
578rwtq
meth Inj.+more boost coming soon...600???
I got almost the same set-up you got there minus the heads. I have stock longblock and look to boost 13 PSI. Hope I make close to your numbers.
post #20 of 31 Old 12-13-2005, 04:20 PM

Stock block here, just not that much power...yet.

1991 LX - Turbo 5.0
Old Combo...Stock block and heads, Turbonetics 62mm...6.78 @ 104.25 - 436rwhp/508rwtq @ 10psi
New Combo...Boss 347, TW heads, Super Victor, Cam Motion cam, Precision 78mm, Big Stuff 3, etc...
post #21 of 31 Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM

Three years then "BANG, SMOKE & FIRE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #22 of 31 Old 12-13-2005, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erff
/hijack

TM.com members can be rude, just as much as anyone. The people that got their heads bitten off were the people that went right to the site and started another 'what turbo should I use for 2000 horsepowers (tm) with a stock block in a street car' thread, when there are three other threads asking the exact same question, on the front/same page. They didn't read one post. They didn't search one time, or just saw the amount they would have to read after searching, gave up and posted instead. If the members that bailed after getting bitched out for asking a question, went back and read everything on the site, like the rest of the members had to do, they would understand why they got the response they did.

It is an extremely knowledgeable site. You just can't have it handed to you. You will have to work a little bit.
very true, but some of that stuff that is said is uncalled for. look at it this way, i get asked the same question's by other mustang owners all the time do you see me flipping out and bitting head's off no! i do agree with you some people should take the time out and search hell i go over there and search all the time. but like i said before some of the stuff is un-called for . and if you follow some of the stuff that is said is by people that do not have a turbocharged mustang. just my 2cent's.

post #23 of 31 Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 PM

relatively stock short block with just over 50k miles. running 10psi

93GT White/Black 50k miles
TURBO--66mm running 10psi
RWHP=469
RWTQ=511
GT 40 Intake, AFR 165 heads, Comp cams Extreme Energy cam, Scorpion Roller Rockers
post #24 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 12:03 AM

Quote:
very true, but some of that stuff that is said is uncalled for. look at it this way, i get asked the same question's by other mustang owners all the time do you see me flipping out and bitting head's off no! i do agree with you some people should take the time out and search hell i go over there and search all the time. but like i said before some of the stuff is un-called for . and if you follow some of the stuff that is said is by people that do not have a turbocharged mustang. just my 2cent's.

i understand where everyone is comming from, sometimes TM is a bit harsh, but most of the time the people deserve it. i also understand why people are like that. i come over to the corral for wheel/tire info mostly and ther are tons of nice cars here. but it kills me to see the same questions asked over and over and OVER again every day. "what tires for 15x8 welds, what BS for a fox" etc etc. oh well, my worthless opinion.

sometimes im tougher on the guys asking "stupid" questions that could have easily beeen answered by a look through the stickies, but then i usually point them in the right direction.

PS - stock block, around 1k miles. 331/h/c/i HP kit and ~10lbs. still runs
post #25 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 08:54 AM
DNA

If someone asks a stupid question

You could simply ignore the post if someone keeps asking the same question over and over correct?
post #26 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA
You could simply ignore the post if someone keeps asking the same question over and over correct?
yes, but then there are 50 billion of them, just taking up space

92LX/HP/AOD
post #27 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Dac

Years ago, but:

On a stock block, ended up breaking the crank in half right in front of the #1 Rod. Didn't hurt the rod, the piston or anything. Just the crank busted in half. Never dynoed it, but that was at around 12 pounds of boost.

Ended up just throwing a A4 block and good internals in the car.

IN MY OPINION - Go out and spend the money for a good block and internals. It's the vibrations and harmonics of the crank spinning that cracks blocks. Even at 500 horsepower, you are running on borrowed time.

I'll tell anyone, go out and buy a good block, build it right, make sure its balanced well and it will last you a long time. If your willing to spend over 2500 dollars on a turbo kit, then by god, spend the 1900 dollars on a dart block and never worry about the block again.
post #28 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
My take on it is similar to what others have posted in this thread. A lot of members have become what I would describe as internet uppity or some would call it rude. Sure people join and ask a question that has been asked a million times, but I have news for everyone there are only so many questions that can be asked about a certain thing even when that thing is a power adder on a car. To run off people because they are trying to learn through asking questions instead of becoming forum search gods to me just seems a bit silly. After all is tm.com just becoming like what ever that car handling forum site is called(you know, the one that does the best bashing to people asking a repeated question). What I do find funny about tm.com is when I still had the time to get on there and read the threads, quite a few of the guys being rude to "newbies" I could distinctly remember when they were "newbies" and asking similar questions.

In regards to the stock block question, this is a lot like asking how fast people have gone with a T5 and for how long. The data collected really proves nothing either way as to how long it will last for someone. So long as you know you are at a gamble past around 500rwhp with the stock block then all is fine, it might last you forever or might break the next week. Personally, if/when it breaks is when I'd just either a) turn the whick down a little or b) spend the cash on something a little stronger But I definately would not waste my time with anything at all beyond the factory stock internals in a stock block be it some girdle or stroker kit or whatever.

--Admiral Aaron

post #29 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 07:16 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656
My take on it is similar to what others have posted in this thread. A lot of members have become what I would describe as internet uppity or some would call it rude. Sure people join and ask a question that has been asked a million times, but I have news for everyone there are only so many questions that can be asked about a certain thing even when that thing is a power adder on a car. To run off people because they are trying to learn through asking questions instead of becoming forum search gods to me just seems a bit silly. After all is tm.com just becoming like what ever that car handling forum site is called(you know, the one that does the best bashing to people asking a repeated question). What I do find funny about tm.com is when I still had the time to get on there and read the threads, quite a few of the guys being rude to "newbies" I could distinctly remember when they were "newbies" and asking similar questions.
snipe, in the past 2 month's i had a total of 7 people tell me how much they hate that site and if they cought some of the member's that they would kick there ass. but i'm sorry for all the hi-jacking that's been going on in this thread.

post #30 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
snipe, in the past 2 month's i had a total of 7 people tell me how much they hate that site and if they cought some of the member's that they would kick there ass. but i'm sorry for all the hi-jacking that's been going on in this thread.
If people do not like it there is no need to get that bent out of shape over it. There are always other forums to ask around on the subject such as here although not a ton of people read/post here but it is one such example. I personally have not been reading/posting on there for awhile from lack of time to keep up with it, but was noticing for quite awhile the attitude "newbies" got.

--Admiral Aaron

post #31 of 31 Old 12-14-2005, 09:08 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656
If people do not like it there is no need to get that bent out of shape over it.
i agree, that's why i stay out of stuff like that and post here. there's alot of good people over here that try and help you out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement