It runs! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
It runs!

And theres a foot of snow outside . Finally got it all on and running, besides a couple small things but its ready for a test drive when the snow clears.

I cant beleive how quickly it rev's and also suprised how loud it is. It has a downpipe to a bullet then dumped before the driver front tire and its seems just as loud as my longtubes, hpipe, 2 chambers sounded if not louder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-09-2005, 10:32 AM

Lol...weather sucks here too. What's your setup??

1991 LX - Turbo 5.0
Old Combo...Stock block and heads, Turbonetics 62mm...6.78 @ 104.25 - 436rwhp/508rwtq @ 10psi
New Combo...Boss 347, TW heads, Super Victor, Cam Motion cam, Precision 78mm, Big Stuff 3, etc...
post #3 of 13 Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 AM

congrat's 03BlackWidow, welcome to a new insanity..........hehehe, you are gonna love this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Got any pics of that bullet installed? I am wanting to do something similar(short downpipe but with a muffler)
post #5 of 13 Old 12-10-2005, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OshinDivr
Lol...weather sucks here too. What's your setup??

Pretty similar to yours i think. Stock shortblock, stock heads, B-cam, RPM2, 75mmtb, 42's etc..
The turbo is a T-72 on a homemade kit. I'll post pictures up in a few days
post #6 of 13 Old 12-10-2005, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyominghotwheels
congrat's 03BlackWidow, welcome to a new insanity..........hehehe, you are gonna love this.

This weather is killing me all i wanna do is get it out and drive it
post #7 of 13 Old 12-10-2005, 09:02 AM

that really sucks man........i hate to hear about a new turbo install, and then you can't go play because of mother nature..Is it looking like the weather is gonna clear anytime soon?

hotwheels
post #8 of 13 Old 12-11-2005, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Most of the roads melted away today. But now i have a problem.

It wont rev over 3,800 now it sounds just like a rev limiter or something. I pulled my #5 plug just cause it was easiest and it was completely black like it was fouled. Im still running ngk tr6's gapped @.035 and at idle my fp is @36psi.

Just a question but are they supposed to make boost when you rev it in neutral? At idle my vacuum is at @12 then i rev it and it goes right to 0 and stays there untill it pulls vacuum again. Just wondering if thats normal or if my vacuum line routing is messed up. I guess ill try to get some new plugs to see if it clears up and go for a test drive.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-11-2005, 08:14 AM

no, turbo's won't make boost until the car is actually under a load. I did the same thing when i very first started my turbo car. I thought the turbo's were bad or that i had made an error. You will find, once you get it on the road, the boost will come in strong.....From what i am reading, it sound's like you need to take it for a run and let it clean thing's up a bit........your setting's look right to me, i would take her for a ride.

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #10 of 13 Old 12-11-2005, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Cool i want sure, my truck wont make boost unless your driving but it runs a VGT so i didnt know.

Clear roads and a day off work im gonna see what happens.

post #11 of 13 Old 12-11-2005, 03:00 PM

if you are running an auto with a really tight converter it is possible to make boost in neutral.....my old lebaron turbo would make two pounds if I reved it up quick in neutral...but for the most part they usually don't

1986 5.0TT Tribute Car
2010 Ranger 4.0
1989 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
post #12 of 13 Old 12-11-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Still some bugs, my alt. flexed and threw my belt. Its just on a long stud into the front of my head then a tension rod on the top part. So i need to fab a bracket to brace my alt. Its on my driver side too btw

In the driveway it revv'd just fine to 6,000 and idled fine. went to drive it and it was fine untill i would get into the throttle hard. As soon as i hit 3-4psi it would cut out and fall on its face, then run like **** for about 5seconds and clean up in normal driving. Im guessing its fouling the plugs or something, i dont see it blowing out the spark at low of boost level do you? Its set for 8psi and i never saw 5. I would say it was my battery running low since i threw my belt but it did it the 1st time i stepped on it.

Base timing is 10* and fp is 38 w/ no vacuum. I havent touched my PMS settings yet is it possible theres too much timing, im not hearing detonation my plugs are black not melted. Im still waiting for my map sensor from afm so i can pull 1* for every lb of boost but just a lil baffled.
post #13 of 13 Old 12-12-2005, 08:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I would try closing the gap down to .28 just to rule out spark blowout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement