Mr freeze - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mr freeze

Anyone here use it, the kit i just bought has no intercooler and i've been looking into methanol injection it sounds easy and cheap. My car gets very few miles put on it so refilling is no concern.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 09:26 AM
DNA

Mr Freeze

I am going with the Snow Performance kit. The only reason why is I think I will have more ability to tune it since it is injected by pumps instead of drawn in by air flow as the Mr Freeze is. As long as you dont get a clog in the tubes (which would be extremly unlikely to ever happen) you should have no problem. Just make sure that what ever you use for injecting during your tune you continue to use the stuff later. AFM makes and sells great products and if you call them they will answer any questions you have.

Good Luck

post #3 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 11:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
If you go to water/alcohol injection go with the Snow kit - you can spray AFTER the turbo. With the Mr. Freeze you have to spray BEFORE the turbo. Turbos spin very fast and I'r really be concerned about impeller erosion with all that water hitting it - it'd act like a water jet cutter...

95 Lightning - Slow
95 Convertible 357 turbo
10.5/135 @ 3800#
SCT Tuned

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

The reason i like the mr freze is how it takes care of how much it adds per lb of boost itself. The Snow is electric so how do you control flow with boost so it doesnt constantly dump too much in? I wouldnt mind spending the extra $100 as long as its easy to tune.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 10:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
The Snow kit can be had with a MAF controller - the more air that flows into the engine, the more fluid is pumped through the spray head. Boost really is immaterial, airflow is what makes power. You can also get a hobbs stwitch to turn on at trigger boost levels.

The Mr. Freeze works that way because it injects before the SC/Turbo. IMHO that's really bad for the lifespan of a turbo because of the incredibly high impeller speeds. You should call Anderson and see if they'll replace your turbo if it gets impeller erosion...

95 Lightning - Slow
95 Convertible 357 turbo
10.5/135 @ 3800#
SCT Tuned

post #6 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 PM
DNA

Snow Perf.

The snow kit is controlled by boost or by Mass Air meter signal. You can choose which one. The boost signal is standard and adjustable plus you can adjust the jet size used to deliver the mix.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-30-2005, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

I ordered the snow stg2 kit that just reads boost. That way i can run it on my truck when my car is broke.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-30-2005, 04:53 PM
DNA

You will be happy

Keith at Razor likes to have it start around 3psi. I am going full spray by 10 psi on my combo and I should be running 15-17 psi. You can tap into your windshield washer tank and run the Snow kit from there if it is clean. That way you do not have to buy a extra large tank and it is kind of cleaner on the installation also. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement