partial kit... how do i..... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
partial kit... how do i.....

... pick a wastegate? the kit has all the piping except the turbine flange, and all it needs is a wastegate, MAF/injectors, and maybe a BOV. how do i figure out what wastegate i need? i only plan on running 9psi max. the turbo is a holset H1E, if that helps. i know it's small, but i searched the forums and found a lot of people running these on way more radical motors than mine.

as for the fuel, should i get a set of 42#, or will 36# be sufficient? my combo is a 9:1 342, TFS-1 cam, Track Heat intake, and GT-40 heads.

are blow-off valves necessary? or is it all basically a bunch of ricer crap?

1985 Thunderchicken, 11:1 351w, t5, spooled 5.67 geared 9" sn95 brakes

2003 std cab f150, 351w and 3spd toploader, crown vic suspension, spooled 6.0 geared 9" roundy-rounder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 08:00 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
should i get a set of 42#, or will 36#
42's would be better, but if you are able to locate an fmu, then you can run the 36er's or install an inline fuel pump to go along with your intake fuel pump to help ensure that you have plenty of fuel.

Quote:
are blow-off valves necessary?
yes, what it does is, when you let off of the throttle body and the throttle body plate closes, you have all that boost still in the airside piping, the bov allow's release of that air so that your turbo isn't damaged...

Quote:
all it needs is a wastegate
just look into a deltagate racegate wastegate.
Quote:
Turbonetics Deltagate External Wastegate Specifications:
* 1.250" stainless steel valve
* Nomex / Silicone diaphram
* Stand-off actuator section.

General:
Designed for durability, the Delta gate can can control boost on engines that develop 350-400 HP. With the addition of a boost controller the Deltagate is fully adjustable over a wide boost range.

Wastegate Sold Complete with multiple springs: 3-5, 5-7, 7-9, 9-13 psi range.
http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/wastegates.html

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

post #3 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
is there anything special about the BOV i should look for? i've seen the deltagates on Ebay all over the place. where in the system does that go anyway? right off the turbo i'm assuming, but i'm pretty sure this kit needs the flanges, so it's still gonna take some fabwork.

1985 Thunderchicken, 11:1 351w, t5, spooled 5.67 geared 9" sn95 brakes

2003 std cab f150, 351w and 3spd toploader, crown vic suspension, spooled 6.0 geared 9" roundy-rounder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Dont' waste your money on a Deltagate. It's not big enough and you'll end up with boost creep.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 01:52 PM

i am running two deltagate wastegate's and havent had any issue's yet! And just a quick understanding of a wastegate verses a Bov, the wastegate goes before the turbo, mine are located just off of the header tube's before the go into the turbo, when boost is sensed and it tries to go beyone your set point, say 9Psi, the wastegate open's to relieve the extra exhaust gas's.....

The Bov is used just before your Maf, maybe 10 to 12"s back. This is used so that when you let off the gas pedal, the compressed air that was going into your engine, doesn't get forced to a stand still or worse yet, spin your turbo backwards. It is the part of the turbo system that make's that kewl wooooooshing sound....

Hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #6 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyominghotwheels
i am running two deltagate wastegate's and havent had any issue's yet!
Two would work, but one Deltagate is inadequate.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-25-2005, 07:46 AM

probably true, i have read some bad stuff on the deltagate's and it may just be a matter of time before i start having issue's too.........i know the price was right though....bout 199.00 each.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-27-2005, 12:05 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
I thought the Deltagate was long since replaced with a better unit by turbonetics, I'd shop around for a Tial since they can be had for $190-220 new and some guys are changing over to Turbosmarts(sp?) so you can find them used every once in awhile for $150

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement