Turbo Info Help. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Turbo Info Help.

What’s up everyone saw a lot of useful info on here with some helpful people. Hopefully someone may be able to help me out. First let me start off with, I'm no turbo expert. I've been doing my research and that’s about it to get into better knowledge of the turbo itself.

I have currently taken on a new project. Here are some specs on the motor.

Type: In-line 4-stroke 4cyl
Valve arrangement: 5 valves/cyl
Displacement: 998cc
Bore x Stroke: 74.0 x 58.0 mm
Compression ratio: 10.8:1
Turbo: Garrett T25

Now to the issue, seems like the turbo is seized. Well with a limit of 16psi, I want more. As I'm going up against a different set of bikes. So I was trying to purchase a T28 with a bit more power.

My concern comes into play when I don’t know the proper model number, size, etc. I'm looking for. I would like to know if the exhaust inlet is the same standard T25 flange on a T28. And the exhaust outlet is also the same? I would like to make sure that everything would bolt up without problems before ordering.

From the info I could gather on the net, the T25 on the bike came off of an "Eclipse GST" or "Talon" 95' - 99'. I don't have any other specs on that until I continue to look further.

Edit: Also by what I have have read, it also needs to be a air cooled. Any info on the differance between air/water cooled would be great as well.

Any help would be great.
Thanks for your time.

-J

Last edited by XxNaSDaQxX; 11-16-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 08:01 PM

The T28 would be a perfect upgrade for what you are wanting to do......that spot where the T25 seem's to fall on it's face, will go away with the T28 turbo.......If i had the cash in this situation, i would be a T28 Ball Bearing turbo and go, it should bolt right up..

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

post #3 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for replying hotwheels.

Dose it matter which T28? Any manufacture will do? Which T28 would you go with? Money is not the problem, just trying to make sure I can hit my goal. The T25 has only put down 256rwhp (16psi/1bar), I want to hit and surpass the 300rwhp goal. I may aim for the 500's once I can work out the bugs. There is a G-T28 BB Turbo with Greedy Internals, which claim they can do 25-30psi easy. (No charts to back it up)
I’m looking in running in a class that has turbo busa's and have to make up for the 300cc's they have over me and produce more boost to compensate.

So whats the differance in Air/Water Cooled? Dose it matter on the motor? Example: If the bike has a carb, it needs to be a air cooled turbo? Or if its fuel injected it needs to be water cooled?

Last edited by XxNaSDaQxX; 11-16-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 08:40 PM

The g-t28 bb will cover ya with no problem..........Any time you can cool your incoming air into your intake, your engine will be more efficient.....make a few more hp too........air cooled is an intercooler that has fin's like a radiator and the oncoming air help's cool the compressed air before it goes into your engine.....water cooled, is a set up based on water being run through the a box or what ever and the incoming air is cooled by contact with the cold metal/aluminum that the water has been laying against.....personally i would look at an air cooler, then if you decided down the road, you can add a shot of nitrous to help cool the air too.....It has been highly debated, but i agree, minum should your air should go through an intercooler (air cooler)....
post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again boss,
Didn't know how the water-cooled worked. As far as the intercooler, a bit harder to find. Only place I have found that has them in stock is over seas. Not so easy to find intercoolers for bikes.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. Helps with an ease of mind, once these parts start rolling in.

-J
post #6 of 6 Old 11-17-2005, 12:42 AM

glad to help, hit me up if you have any other questions.....

hotwheels of www.insanemustangs.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement