Need help with Cartech installation - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-31-2005, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (21)
Need help with Cartech installation

I purchased a "street sleeper" kit for my 95 mustang a while back and have just gotten around to installing it. The previous owner stated the turbo mounted on the passenger's side and it has a shorty header for the driver's side. The shorty header's mounting flange blocks the spark plug holes if this is the correct side for it to mount. Does anyone have pictures of one of these kits on their cars? My kit is also intercooled if it matters. Thanks for your help and please contact me at [email protected].

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Have you tried contacting Cartech?

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-31-2005, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

I have tried to call and e-mail Cartech but they do not respond to my messages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Turbo Wizard

That kit is VERY similar to the TTI street SN95 kit so might want to see if you can find instructions for that one as well. All I remember about them is a dinky crossover tube that ran behind the motor and into a log header on the passenger side. Although as I type that I feel a little hazy on that memory.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-31-2005, 10:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i have a set of cartech instruction's, but not sure if it will help you.........let me know if you would like a copy of them......hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #6 of 16 Old 11-01-2005, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Copy of instructions

Yes, I would be grateful for a copy of the instructions. Thanks!
post #7 of 16 Old 11-01-2005, 09:21 PM

They do have instructions on their site! Not sure if you found them.

D.S.S. pro bullet 306 with flat top 2 eyebrow pistons (not low compression)
Twisted Wedge heads (box stock)
Trick Flow street heat intake
E-303 cam
Long tube headers
Off road X pipe, with Magnaflow cat back
70mm throttle body
80mm Pro M Maf
42lb injectors
Powerdyne XB1A supercharger 12lbs
MSD6AL
3.73 rear
post #8 of 16 Old 11-01-2005, 09:35 PM

I can't seem to find my instructions.

The drivers side header is a standard shorty header. I forget the brand name, but Cartech didn't make it. I would think any unequal length shorty would work.

There are some fitment headaches if it is like the kit I have. I made a few "modifications" to it. The exhuast bypass is a PITA to hook up, as is the turbo onto the log header. I took out my air pump, and re-routed the exhaust bypass to make it easier to get at. Also, make sure you have fresh plugs on the passenger side. You won't be seeing them again for some time, at least until you take the down pipe, bypass, and turbo off again. If you still have AC, put fresh ones on the driver side as well. It's not as hard to get at, but still, no a joy. Also, your down pipe, if it is 3" like mine, will eventually burn through the AC line on the passenger side. Also, the intake pipe will sit on top of the turbo blanket. It gets REAL hot, I don't care what anyone says. I remade the section of pipe from the fender well to the throttle body and got rid of the blanket. Then I got a Cobra RR cowl hood and a 1" intake spacer. Now there is about 4" of clearence between the exhaust housing and the intake pipe. Other than that, it's great.

Really, I wouldn't trade it, I love the power it make, I just think it could have been engineered better. The turbo should go where the battery is, the cross over should be in front of the engine, and that would have eliminated many problems. I think they Cartech eventually did a kit this way. It make a lot more sense. Anyway, if you need any help, give me a shout and I can get pictures of whatever you need.

Mike Smith
1990 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed w/ 2000 Exploder GT-40 engine, P heads, mystery cam (F cam per previous owner) 3.73, and not much else. In the parts pile - UPR tubular K member, CC plates. Future plans - Megasquirt & On3 turbo system.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-02-2005, 01:26 AM

i will post em up tomorrow.......i am on my work computer right now and don't have access to my files right now........

later, hotwheels of insanemustangs.com
post #10 of 16 Old 11-02-2005, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input! Pictures would be great to aid in the correct installation of my kit. As for the instructions, I made an attempt to download them from Cartech's site but an issue exists preventing my computer from downloading them. I appreciate all the input and help.

post #11 of 16 Old 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM

i ran into an issue here on corral for the instructions. Corral settings won't allow me to upload the file, so what i will do is host it here http://www.insanemustangs.com/forums...ead.php?t=2217 which is on my site, but you don't have to register to get them, it is a section of my site that doesn't cause anyone to have to register with my site....i will leave them there for a couple day's, then move them...I will also, not be able to put them up until i get home to my personal computer.....it is 4:00pm mountian time, i will have them up around 6:00pm mountian time.........sorry bout the issue's man, but i will get ya hooked up....

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

Last edited by wyominghotwheels; 11-06-2005 at 11:52 AM.
post #12 of 16 Old 11-05-2005, 04:32 AM

post #13 of 16 Old 11-06-2005, 11:51 AM

sorry bout the delay too......it is now up on my site in a zip file if you still need it....
post #14 of 16 Old 11-06-2005, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. The instructions have been downloaded wyominghotwheels. I appreciate all the support. My hope is to finish the install next weekend.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Be sure to get some pics of the install.

Corral Elite Member #1

** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint
post #16 of 16 Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 AM

Quote:
The instructions have been downloaded wyominghotwheels.
right on bro, i am gonna move em back into my site then...hope those are what you are lookin for, and if you need anything else, please feel free to ask.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement