Emmisions testing the TT Notch in MD - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 10-12-2005, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (20)
Emmisions testing the TT Notch in MD

Surprise surprise-she passed. Not by much tho
Hydrocarbons: state std=220 ppm; TT notch=219 ppm
CO: state std= 1.2 PCT; TT notch=0 PCT

The car went on the dyno and I was watching the fp gauge on the hood to see if he would spike it. Seemed ok going thru the gears. But then, a yellow screen came up that said "Vehicle Speed Excursion-Test aborted"
After that, he cleared the machine and sat the car at 2500 rpm for like 90 sec and then dropped it to idle. The car had been sitting around idling for like 45 minutes.

What does it indicate if your hc is high and CO is low in that kind of test?

Bottom line tho: PASSED

Now on to my 42# injectors (arrived), kirban fp regulator (arrived) and proM maf (still waiting for it to arrive) and delete the fmu.
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-12-2005, 08:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (-1)
im glad i dont live in an emissions county..screw emmisions

post #3 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Dac

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccst stang
im glad i dont live in an emissions county..screw emmisions
Your location says Dallas Texas - Thats an Emissions County.

Fact is, in Dallas, even if you live OUT of Dallas county, and your nailed by the road side emissions sensors, they will MAKE you go to an emissions county inspection shop to get it inspected or they wont renew your registration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich
Surprise surprise-she passed. Not by much tho
Hydrocarbons: state std=220 ppm; TT notch=219 ppm
CO: state std= 1.2 PCT; TT notch=0 PCT

The car went on the dyno and I was watching the fp gauge on the hood to see if he would spike it. Seemed ok going thru the gears. But then, a yellow screen came up that said "Vehicle Speed Excursion-Test aborted"
After that, he cleared the machine and sat the car at 2500 rpm for like 90 sec and then dropped it to idle. The car had been sitting around idling for like 45 minutes.

What does it indicate if your hc is high and CO is low in that kind of test?

Bottom line tho: PASSED

Now on to my 42# injectors (arrived), kirban fp regulator (arrived) and proM maf (still waiting for it to arrive) and delete the fmu.
Erich

****in Congrats!
post #5 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac

Fact is, in Dallas, even if you live OUT of Dallas county, and your nailed by the road side emissions sensors, they will MAKE you go to an emissions county inspection shop to get it inspected or they wont renew your registration.
How many people do you know of that have gotten nailed by those? I used to see them on the freeway entrances here in town a lot but never seem to come across them now days. By emissions county inspection shop does that mean just any place that does inspections within the country that has emissions restrictions?

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac

says dallas..i live in royse city....hunt county...no emmisions out there
post #7 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Formery known as Disloyal

Emissions Sensor ? WTF is that ?

We have emissions in Vegas here but its pretty easy to pass, ESPECIALLY with OBDII.

Arthur
White 2004 Mustang GT ยท [241 RWHP / 284 RWTQ] ยท [[email protected] MPH / 1.92 60']

[Bassani Offroad X ยท Magnaflow Catback ยท 3.90 Gears ยท BFG Drag Radials]
post #8 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by White40thGT
Emissions Sensor ? WTF is that ?

We have emissions in Vegas here but its pretty easy to pass, ESPECIALLY with OBDII.
It is a van that sits on the side of the road, usually on a freeway entrance or exit that by the time you see it you can not avoid driving by it. It has some sort of sensor that reads the exhaust gas as you drive by it, if you fail there is a camera that takes a picture. You then get a notice or ticket in the mail saying you failed the test and you must get your car emissions tested. The real kicker is that your car could be in perfect running condition but if you get that thing in the mail then you have to pay out of your pocket for that test again. So ODBII would help little in avoiding the cost of getting re-inspected for a "dirty" car in that situation.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 04:48 PM

yea ive never seen this van you speak of..must be a houston thing
post #10 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccst stang
yea ive never seen this van you speak of..must be a houston thing
There are people who live in houston and have never seen one before yet they have had them here in town for years. Chances are they are up there in Dallas and just in limited numbers like here.

--Admiral Aaron

post #11 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Formery known as Disloyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656
It is a van that sits on the side of the road, usually on a freeway entrance or exit that by the time you see it you can not avoid driving by it. It has some sort of sensor that reads the exhaust gas as you drive by it, if you fail there is a camera that takes a picture. You then get a notice or ticket in the mail saying you failed the test and you must get your car emissions tested. The real kicker is that your car could be in perfect running condition but if you get that thing in the mail then you have to pay out of your pocket for that test again. So ODBII would help little in avoiding the cost of getting re-inspected for a "dirty" car in that situation.

Wow, I've heard of that exact same thing only using Radar for speeders in Phoenix. Same thing, van on the side of the road, takes a picture, mail you a ticket.

In Clark County (Las Vegas) on OBDII cars they don't even do a sniffer test, ever. That sucks.

Arthur
White 2004 Mustang GT ยท [241 RWHP / 284 RWTQ] ยท [[email protected] MPH / 1.92 60']

[Bassani Offroad X ยท Magnaflow Catback ยท 3.90 Gears ยท BFG Drag Radials]
post #12 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Turbo Wizard

Here in Houston where they do emissions tests, the ODBII cars just get hooked up to the computer and no sniffing is done.

--Admiral Aaron

post #13 of 18 Old 10-14-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (20)
wesleyt-Your turbo cobra must be so cool to drive! With all those rpms and a turbo pushing all the way from low, must be insane. Usually you see more torque than hp on the turbo 5.0s. The 4V really makes use of the boost. Is that stock compression ratio?
Erich

97 Laser Red GT-248A Wingless model, Built Lincoln Mark VIII motor-Procharger D1SC, 3 core IC
2012 Black GT-Saddle, 3.73s, Brembos, Shaker1000
post #14 of 18 Old 10-16-2005, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich
wesleyt-Your turbo cobra must be so cool to drive! With all those rpms and a turbo pushing all the way from low, must be insane. Usually you see more torque than hp on the turbo 5.0s. The 4V really makes use of the boost. Is that stock compression ratio?
Erich
it is alot of fun... the compression ratio has been dropped to around 9:1
post #15 of 18 Old 10-17-2005, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleythomas77
it is alot of fun... the compression ratio has been dropped to around 9:1
So that's around a 9cc dish, yes? I'm getting really psyched... mine is coming round the bend!

And I've seen the sniffer vans on more then a few occasions in Northern Virginia / DC Metro area... Up until now though, I didn't know what they were doing...
post #16 of 18 Old 10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Dac

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656
How many people do you know of that have gotten nailed by those? I used to see them on the freeway entrances here in town a lot but never seem to come across them now days. By emissions county inspection shop does that mean just any place that does inspections within the country that has emissions restrictions?
Actually I have seen TONS of people get nailed by those in Dallas. Also helps that a friend of mine owns a Inspection Shop, so I've seen the letters people bring in.

For example, if someone gets nailed by the road side inspection (Lasers across the road sensors), they get a nifty letter telling them that they will NOT get their registration renewed unless they report to a Emissions Check Safety Inspection Station. Even if you live outside the Emissions counties, they require you to get inspected in the emissions county. The law states (in Texas) if you live outside an emissions county and "commute" to work into an emissions county, and you get nailed by the road side check, that you must get it smog checked.

Kind of BS, but it happens. I just tell people if you see one of those unique white vans on the side of the road and you dont think you'll pass, TURN OFF YOUR CAR WELL BEFORE YOU GET TO IT AND COAST PAST IT, then turn on the car again.

At least in Dallas, I see those check vans EVERY other week. They ALWAYS put them on On Ramps to the freeway and are pretty easy to spot.
post #17 of 18 Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM

still havent seen those vans you speak of...what highways are they on usually
post #18 of 18 Old 10-22-2005, 04:11 PM

wonder what they'd do to a guy from out of state?

91 lx hatch. Performer heads, Performer 2 intake, 1.7rrs, tfs 1 cam, pullied a-trim with power pipe, long tubes, orx pipe, and a magnaflow catback, [email protected] on 17" Nittos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement