Ignition Suggestions - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Ignition Suggestions

I am building up a 1995 Twin Turbo 408 for a 1995 Mustang. My turbo system is the new Power Stroke turbos with the Variable Nozzle setup which I am designing a controller for. I am also designing an exhaust system and adding an intercooler to this. My plan is to run at least 12 pounds of boost and to make this a daily driver. I am using a stock EEC with a Tweecer for engine management.

My next major question is what is the best ignition system to put on this ? I also have an Accel super coil I hope to incorporate into this ignition. I would prefer to retain the distributor (But I don't have to), so I wanted to get some feedback from you all to see what has been effective for others running a fairly high boost system.

Thanks for your help. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Matthew

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-06-2005, 06:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
i run a digital-6

i wouldnt run powerstroke turbo's they are made for a diesel motor not a high revving gas.

post #3 of 12 Old 09-06-2005, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

I guess I am going to have to web hunt this one since I don't know too much about the digital-6.

Thanks for the info.

Matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 PM

i love mine, they are stronger then the 6-a and they also have a adjustable revlimiter, two step, timing retard and a few other things for a good price.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-06-2005, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

About how much are they going for ? How long have you had yours ?

Matthew
post #6 of 12 Old 09-06-2005, 11:39 PM

i belive i paid somthing like 289 for mine, i just got mine in this year here's a link digital 6
post #7 of 12 Old 09-08-2005, 10:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangbro01
i wouldnt run powerstroke turbo's they are made for a diesel motor not a high revving gas.
I dont understand why people say that??? How the hell does a turbo know what gas the motor is running? All they know is heat and air flow...

A powerstroke has been done but the oiling on the turbo is wierd, you can pick up a Masterpower T-70 fairly cheap.

Jeremy
post #8 of 12 Old 09-08-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

If I were only running one turbo, I might be concerned with using a turbo built for a larger, but slower engine (And probably a cooler exhaust than a gas engine). Since I am running two, and I can vary the blade pitch to vary the boost characteristics throughout the engine RPM range, I doubt that these turbos will ever be a choke point for this engine. I also got a pretty good deal on these (750 for both).

Matthew
post #9 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.MUSSIN
I dont understand why people say that??? How the hell does a turbo know what gas the motor is running? All they know is heat and air flow...

A powerstroke has been done but the oiling on the turbo is wierd, you can pick up a Masterpower T-70 fairly cheap.

Jeremy
i belive the wheels are designed for a certain application
post #10 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

This one allows me to change the wheel electrically. The pitch of the blade changes and the actual A/R ratio changes based on the signal sent to the vane.

post #11 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangbro01
i belive the wheels are designed for a certain application
They are designed for a certain application but that diesel motor vs the gas motor is going to flow vastly different amounts of air. There are countless examples of people with Mustangs successfully running diesel turbos on their cars. Now the only worry I might have, which is probably not even a worry, would be if maybe the material used in the turbo was designed for different heat ranges due to the difference in engines being used.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 12 Old 10-21-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quick question. Will an Accel super coil provide a hotter spark than the stock EEC coil ? I have an extra one and wanted to put it on another vehicle.

Matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement